Peabody, MA Considers Distributed Antenna System [telecom]

The system would be installed instead of a proposed 130-foot Verizon Wireless telecommunications tower near the city's water treatment plant. The Peabody Municipal Light Plant is considering [a Distributed Antenna System] because it is a less controversial option.

Nearby residents were concerned the proposed tower would loom over their homes. The Salem [MA] News reported the Peabody City Council is considering a special permit for the cell tower while light plant researches a Distributed Antenna System. Instead of one tower, dozens of smaller antennas would be installed throughout the city. This could potentially eliminate a need for more towers in the future, according to Ward 1 Councilor Jon Turco.

formatting link

- - Bill Horne (Remove QRM from my email address to write to me directly)

***** Moderator's Note *****

I'm surprised to see that Ma Bell's plan to convert the world to cell phones is still running into this kind of opposition: I had thought that the public was now inured to the sight of cell towers on every building and hill.

Is this just election-year hoopla, or are there other cities and towns actively opposing the cell tower invasion?

Bill Horne Moderator

Reply to
Bill Horne
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.