Peabody again denies Verizon permission for a new cell tower [telecom]

By ADAM SWIFT

PEABODY [MA] - For the second time in two years, the City Council nixed plans for a Verizon Communications Inc. cell tower.

On Thursday night, the council voted 8-1 to deny a special permit for a cell tower ...

In 2014, the council denied a special permit for one at Michael's Limousine on Lynn Street. Verizon is appealing that decision in state land court.

After denial of the Lynn Street tower, Verizon worked with the city on the Coolidge Avenue site. Verizon attorney Chris Swiniarski said a tower is needed to fix coverage gaps in South Peabody.

formatting link

- - - - - - - - - - - -

I had to threaten a man with a "Land Court" lawsuit once, and you may believe me when I say it would have been a *VERY* expensive proposition: just as one example of the hoops anyone going there has to jump through, the Massachusetts Land Court demands that surveys be written on vellum.

There are specialized law firms that do nothing but "Land Court" cases: the court's rules and procedures are said to be so arcane that most attorneys won't even touch any case destined for it.

What that means as a practical matter (I was told) is that citizens' groups find themselves facing exorbitant legal bills if they choose to fight a case there, with delays as long as a year being common.

I'll leave the reader to draw his own conclusions.

Reply to
Bill Horne
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.