Need minor part for 2500 phone [telecom]

Our Bell System 2500 phone is missing one of the small white plastic plungers that press down the 'on hook' switch when the handset is placed on the cradle. Only one is needed to restore the phone to original health and reasonably good condition!

Would much welcome advice as to possible source. TIA

Reply to
stan
Loading thread data ...

This is the kind of stuff that long time Digest supporter Mike Sandman sells at

formatting link

R's, John

Reply to
John Levine

Mention of Mike Sandman brings to mind that the other day I was doing a search on Caller ID boxes and Mike's website popped up with a notation that he did not carry low-end Caller ID boxes because they're readily available in hardware stores and drug stores. I thought so, too, until I started looking for one (low-end) in those types of stores and couldn't find one. Wes Leatherock snipped-for-privacy@aol.com snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
Wesrock

Hmmm, last time I've seen any stand-alone Caller ID box for sale was more than five years ago at Fry's Electronics' flagship store; the Caller ID boxes seem to have followed the dodo to extinction. None are available on Fry's or Newegg's websites and not even on Lady Ada's site (ladyada.net).

A Google search ("caller id boxes") finds some but everyplace appears to be out of stock.

Reply to
Thad Floryan

Brickfront stores have been replaced by Amazon.com

formatting link
As you can see they have bunches

Frys has one:

formatting link
Radio Shack was the pioneer. Now they have none because they want to see phones with built-in Caller ID.

Reply to
Sam Spade

formatting link
Amazing! Entering "caller id box" explicitly to Fry's search box on their website at 8PM PST last night found nothing as I wrote shortly afterwards. I wonder if my failed search was "flagged" and alerted someone to check inventory?

Search engines are getting smarter; see the March 2010 issue of WIRED, page 96 onwards. I need to do a "Fry's run" this week and I'll ask if that's what might have happened.

Reply to
Thad Floryan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.