Need documentation for a IBM SOHO Assistant model 001 [telecom]

I have a pair of IBM SOHO Assistants -- this is the model 7852-001 -- apparently the very first of a series. These units also go by the part number 19H7964.

They have a pair of telephone line inputs, a port for a fax machine, a telephone, and serial port for a PC. This particular model has 14.4 modem built in. The best I can remember, they could be used to forward an inbound call on one line on out to a different number on the 2nd line, could be used to divert fax machines to the fax output, had answering machine capabilities for both inbound lines, and a whole host of other cute tricks.

I had lent both of these out back in the days when a 14.4 modem was real useful. That included some diskette with modem software, and, importantly, a nice user manual explaining how to teach these things to do all their tricks. When they came back, all I got was the unit itself.

I have searched the web over the years, and haven't come up with any useful information. The closest I have been able to come up with is several places that may still have these on their used equipment list -- which might include software and documentation. IBM itself, for several years claimed the documentation was archived, and they would place it on line for me -- but that never happened. Now, (maybe a couple years back) they have been moved to the IBM extinct list.

Trying to search the FCC ID database has been a failure.

Does anyone out there happen to have any information on these? Almost anything would be welcome.

...Bob

+--------------------------------------------------------------+ This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
formatting link
Reply to
Bob K
Loading thread data ...

Bob,

Try searching for the following: Multi-Tech Modem II MT2834BA Might be the same thing. Contact me directly. I have a PDF users manual for this model. Steve

73 de N2UBP
Reply to
Steven Fleckenstein

Thanks, Steven...

That isn't quite the same -- I did find the user's manual for the MT2834 on line.

Looks like Multi-Tech may have other products that might be similar, so I will research that.

...Bob

formatting link

Reply to
Bob K

I have one of these things, never used ever yet. The box looks like crap but the artifact is intact with all of its manuals/userguides and diskettes.

Reply to
La Polla

I have one of these things, never used ever yet. The box looks like crap but the artifact is intact with all of its manuals/userguides and diskettes.

Reply to
La Polla

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.