My Year Using Aereo: How A Dime-Sized Antenna Met My TV Needs [telecom]

By Gerry Smith, Huffington Post Blog, 08/12/2013

| Inside a data center in downtown Brooklyn, there's a floor | filled with thousands of dime-sized copper antennas. One of | them is mine. | | About a year ago, I started using Aereo, a service that lets me | watch and record network television on my laptop using that tiny | antenna. | | I'm essentially renting the antenna from Aereo, a model the | company says complies with copyright law. (Major broadcasters | still have sued for alleged copyright infringement, but the | courts so far have sided with the startup.) | | After launching in New York City last year, Aereo has plans to | expand to 22 more cities in the coming months. It will be | available in Houston, Dallas and Miami for the first time next | month. | | For me, Aereo has been a welcome addition to the patchwork of | services my wife and I use to watch our favorite shows and live | sports.

Continued:

formatting link

Neal McLain aka texascableguy

Reply to
Neal McLain
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.