Label for PoE-powered device? [telecom]

What do manufacturers put on their product label for power input specification on a product powered by PoE? Give the max voltage as 57V DC? Show a spec for current? Anything else?

Ron

Reply to
RonTheGuy
Loading thread data ...

Usually nothing?

I've got PoE phones, access-points, and IP cameras all deployed. Not a one would have any specific label of their PoE power requirements. Their data sheets list what they use for power.

PoE being fairly modern, actually negotiates what the power requirements are, and you can dump out from the PoE enabled switches (usually) how much power each device is utilizing. If the PoE switch doesn't have enough power left over to power what the device is asking for, it won't give it to them, and you'd get an alert on the switch for it.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Per Doug McIntyre:

I'm currently shopping.

Is there a non-PTZ IP camera that's especially near-and-dear to your heart?

Reply to
Pete Cresswell

I deployed the AXIS 216FD, (Non PTZ, Does PoE at just under 2W, variable iris). I'm very happy with the build quality and video quality. Very well supported by lots of software, as well as direct view.

They have a ton of other models, each slightly different if you wanted specific items. (ie. can go cheaper with a fixed iris, or non PoE power devices, go more expensive with PTZ, or high-res).

Overall, I think I made a good choice after eval'ing many different lines.

***** Moderator's Note *****

PTZ means "Pan, Tilt, and Zoom".

Bill Horne Moderator

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.