Indian Youth killed by exploding mobile phone [telecom]

From

formatting link
Indian Youth killed by exploding mobile phone

• August 18, 2010 11:16AM

An Indian youth was killed when the Nokia cell phone he was using exploded, The Times of India reported Tuesday.

Manoj Singh, 24, was found dead Monday night with burns to his left ear, neck and shoulders in a forest near Bandha village close to the city of Kota in the northern Indian state of Rajasthan.

Police believe the youth was killed by an exploding cell phone after finding pieces of the Nokia 1209 handset, a basic model released in August

2008, scattered nearby.

The youth had gone to the forest to graze his cattle about noon Monday. His body was recovered later that night.

***** Moderator's Note *****

I didn't see this story repeated on any other site. Can anyone confirm it?

Bill Horne Moderator

Reply to
David Clayton
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
The name of the victim and his age varies, but they appear to be the same story. Very strange.

Reply to
John Mayson

But they also appear in publications and on websites that aren't mainstream. Nowhere do I find an AP or UPI story, or anything from the Times of London or the NY Times, etc. This is a BIG story if it's true, so I'd think that the big guys would have been right on it if it's true.

***** Moderator's Note *****

I agree: absent an act of malice, I very much doubt that this story will be confirmed.

Bill Horne Moderator

Reply to
David Kaye

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.