Home PBX

Has anyone heard or have any experience with a company called SOHO-PBX?

They are selling small PBX on ebay and have a website,

formatting link
am looking for exactly what they have, but hate to just jump into buying one (at around $80) without any information. It appears that they are centered in Hong Kong. It doesn't look like they are selling a bunch of their products on ebay, possibly due to the low cost and high shipping (ex. $10 for the pbx, $70 -- depending on model -- to get it shipped to USA) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: If you are seeking a _small_ PBX with a lot of programmable features (it defaults to 2 external lines and 6 extensions; is intended _not_ for heavy traffic but rather for covering a large amount of space with the ability to call between 'extensions' and 'forward' the same extensions around in a flexible way and is totally modular, then you might want to consider 'Totalcom', a small, relatively light-weight unit which can hang on a wall in a closet somewhere distributed by Mike Sandman
formatting link
his latest catalog. Mike is out of Roselle, IL and he does give very good customer service. It is not the least expensive either, but does a very good job. Totally non-blocking, and you can program many, many features. The one I have from him has a thirty-page manual with programming instructions, which are all done from a touch-tone phone which serves as an 'operators console'. He gets around $350 for his unit, but, as noted, is totally modular, take it out of the box, plug it in, and use it with no programming at all if you wish. As defaulted, either of the two incoming lines ring through on the 'operator' station, which is extension 100, also aliased to '0' from internal use. As defaulted, the extensions are 100 through 105, with extensions 106 and 107 also aliased to 'dial 9' and/or 'dial 8' for outgoing calls. With no programming at all, 'dial 9' simply toggles between whatever line is plugged into port 106 and 107 (or if you have two outgoing calls at one time)to each of them. One small programming change allows '9' to force calls out on one line, and '8' to force calls out on the other line. (I do it that way, with my 'local' Prairie Stream line going out on '9' and my Vonage line going out on '8'.) Incoming calls on either Vonage or Prairie Stream ring through a common audible to extension 100, but can be picked up from any extension by dialing '*70'. It is not, strictly speaking a PBX; it is more correctly, a 'line sharing device', and I have a bunch of modems sharing 'extension 105' with my fax machine on extension 104. I use extensions 100, 101, 102, and 103 around my house. For my needs, it is ideal, or maybe even a little bit overkill. With me, it is not a question of massive amounts of phone traffic, but my own inability to move quickly as needed to get to a ringing phone and also to have my Vonage long distance line and my local line both in easy reach from any phone in the system. PAT]
Reply to
Humanplant
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.