Happy New Year [telecom]

Happy New Year! It's 2019!

As in years past, I'd like to have the readers' opinions on ways to make The Telecom Digest a better publication and a better source for information and telecom advice. Please write to me here at the usual digest address, or at my private email address, which is "bill at horne dot net." If you write to the digest address, but would rather not have your remarks posted, add the Not For Publication glyph to your Subject line - [nfp] - instead of the usual [telecom].

The first question I'll ask is this: "What future do you see for The Telecom Digest?" We're not getting the number of contributions we did in years past, and I've had to contribute most of the past year's content myself. In order to find out how to attract more contributors, I'm going to ask for as many opinions as I can about what kinds of content you want to see.

That bring up the second qustion: what are *YOUR* feelings, and what do *YOU* want to read here? Your opinions and suggestions are essential to making the Telecom Digest a better publication.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Horne
Loading thread data ...

And the same to you and all readers.

I'm happy with what we have for now; it's a good blend of internet, telephony, and cell phone stuff with the occasional welcome trips down memory lane.

A minor issue - when there's an item about '911 outage in Hopeless County' [or other event] it would be very helpful to identify where this is. Keep up the good work. I suspect you'd like to see more contributions from readers and I'll try to do my part, but you might want to exhort the troops again.

Reply to
Julian Thomas

Julian,

Thanks for the compliment! I live for emails like yours!

The many stories I find from "Hopeless County" and similar locations almost all have one thing in common: they are published without any easy way to /find/ the state or country that they come from. It's very common to find a story on the web that says "Hopeless County Sheriff says phones are the work of the devil," but they are mostly copies of articles from small-town newspapers, and there's almost never any mention of where the "Hopeless County News" is actually located: I know when I see one that it'll take at least half an hour to find where the hell "Hopeless County" /is/. Sometimes it's easy, others not, so I have to make a snap decision on whether the events in "Hopeless County" merit the attention of a wider audience even though I can't provide the Sheriff's latitude and longitude. :-\

If you know how I can ease that process, _PLEASE_ tell me! :-)

Thanks again for writing: please consider contributing posts concerning areas of telecom that are of interest to you: the odds are that they will interest others, too.

Bill

Reply to
Telecom Digest Moderator

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.