GILLESPIE: Suffering from a disruption in service [telecom]

Opinion by Jay Gillespie

My wife told me that she had made an appointment with Comcast to update our cable service. Apparently, we are paying more than we should with our current agreement. Our neighbors, she said, are paying $197 per month for their cable but have premium movie channels and three DVRs. I quickly declared myself ready and willing, especially after she told me that in comparison we pay $219 per month and have only two boxes. Furthermore, according to my wife, Comcast had promised to double our internet speed, provide us with two DVRs, and give us Showtime as a throw-in for the breast cancer she has been suffering from for the past seven months, a concession that literally seems like the least they could do.

I come from a simple time when you purchased a television, brought it home, plugged it in, and watched one of the three available channels. In my current neighborhood, we do not have the option of Verizon Fios which stops providing service roughly 500 feet down the road because, according to a retired Verizon operative who lives across the street, "It wasn't going to make any money based on the cost to install it."

formatting link

Reply to
Bill Horne
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.