Fwd: net.ham-radio from 30 years ago [telecom]

I crossposted this from rec.radio.amateur.moderated. My thanks to Paul Schleck.

Bill

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: net.ham-radio from 30 years ago Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 21:46:12 EST From: Paul W. Schleck " Organization: Novia Internetworking,

formatting link
rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Reply to
Bill Horne
Loading thread data ...

No, that's notesfiles, which looked nicer but had some internal limitations compared to software that used native news formats.

When I visited the site, the first thing it showed was a message that I personally posted to net.unix-wizards 30 years ago. Yow.

R's, John

Reply to
John Levine

There's some kind of AI logic in there: I got the first issue of the Telecom Digest, from 1981.

The "notesfiles" interface has a sidebar "feature" that give other posts to look at in other groups, but if you click on one, it opens that post in the /sidebar/, not the main window, with about twenty characters per line. I don't know what they called the program back then, but I know that I've used it before, because I remember that annoying habit it has of opening post in the sidebar.

Reply to
Telecom Digest Moderator

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.