Fundraising appeal [telecom]

Dear reader,

At this time of year, it's a tradition to appeal to people to contribute to worthy causes. I'm sorry to say that I must add another entreaty, this one for a personal cause.

My wife was in a car crash on Friday. She got away with a few seat-belt bruises, but the car is a total loss, and as if that weren't bad enough, I found out the next day that the insurance was cancelled because she forgot to pay the bill while I was working in Montana this summer. That means that I have to pay for the damages to the other vehicles as well as finding another car for my wife to use, and (at least around Boston), used cars sell for three-thousand dollars and up.

The pictures I took at the scene are at

formatting link
- our car is the one the truck operator is in the process of hooking up.

I won't pretend that I'm more deserving of support than all the other organizations that people hear from at this time of year. I'm not tax deductable, and although Pat's frequent entreaties left ample precedent for personal appeals in the Digest, I know that times are tough and money is tight even for those who have jobs. I never expected the moderator's chair to be padded, and I'm not going to make a habit of it, but I'm asking for your help.

Thanks for thinking about it.

Bill Horne Moderator

bill at horne dot net has been set up to connect with Paypal

My street address is

43 Deerfield Road Sharon MA 02067-2301
Reply to
Telecom Digest Moderator
Loading thread data ...

Confirm that this is legit and I'll kick in a modest sum

***** Moderator's Note *****

I'm sorry to say that it's all too real: I wish it was just a nightmare, but every body shop I've talked to said "Don't bother", which means I'm going to have to buy another car. I'm also worried about damages to a very expensive pickup truck and a third car that the pickup hit, since everyone is going to try to blame my wife.

If there's any doubt remaining, you can find my phone number at the address listed below, and call me in person.

Better yet, do a reverse lookup on 781-784-7287. You'll see my name and address, and I'm sure the Stoughton, Massachusetts police will be able to confirm that the car shown in the pictures belongs to us.

Thanks for your help!

Bill Horne Moderator

43 Deerfield Rd Shar> I won't pretend that I'm more deserving of support than all the other

-- Sent from my new iMac Julian Thomas snipped-for-privacy@jt-mj.net

formatting link

Reply to
Julian Thomas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.