Fred Goldstein is the new moderator [telecom]

To the readers,

As you all know, I'm going to take a hiatus from being Moderator of The Telecom Digest, and I asked for volunteers to pinch-hit.

If you were one of those who volunteered, please accept my heartfelt thanks, both for your willingness to help, and for stepping up on short notice to take on this difficult work.

After careful consideration, I've made the choice: Fred Goldstein has accepted my request to take over as the moderator while I'm on hiatus. He will be here for an indefinite time while I deal with some personal issues.

Fred Goldstein is a principal at Interisle Consulting Group, and has been a Digest reader since 1981. He advises governments and companies on technical, regulatory and business issues related to the telecom- munications, cable, wireless and Internet industries, especially in areas where they overlap. The author of numerous articles and the books /The Great Telecom Meltdown/ and /ISDN In Perspective/, he has served on standards committees in areas such as ATM networks and Frame Relay.

.. and I can vouch for Fred, since he and I worked side-by-side a few years ago. He is the smartest, and most agressive customer advocate I've ever worked with. When I had to make the decision, I asked myself where the industry is headed, and which of the people who offered to help would be best able to improve the Digest's coverage in the future: Fed was at the top of the list.

Please give Fred all the support you can. Thank you.

Bill

Reply to
Telecom Digest Moderator
Loading thread data ...

Will the email address telecomdigestsubmissions at telecom-digest.org still work for [Telecom Digest] submissions in your absence?

- - Thanks! - tlvp

***** Moderator's Note *****

Yes, it will.

That address is for submissions made by email, and is mostly used by those who receive the "Digest" version of our publication via email or who read it on our web site. (Readers who subscribe to the Digest's email edition /might/ see a different address in the "Reply-To" headers they receive: if it works, don't change it.)

Those whom submit to comp.dcom.telecom (via Usenet news readers or Gugle/Yehoo Groups), which is the Digest's "Usenet" location, need not concern themselves with this, since the nntp servers handle it automagically.

In case anyone was wondering, all posts go to both places: you can read the Digest on Usenet, or by subscribing to the email version. It's the same content either way, although email subscribers do find themselves looking better and exhibiting more confidence.

Bill Horne Moderator

Reply to
tlvp

Thanks, Bill, for all the great work you've done.

And thanks, Fred, for being willing and able to serve while Bill is gone.

And thanks to everyone else who volunteered.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Garland

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.