FCC removes report on AT&T/T-Mobile merger - Looking for original [telecom]

- forwarding over as the original discussion is semi-public, and he's asking for help in finding an original, unredacted, copy.

---------- Forwarded message ---------- Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 10:29:17 -0800 From: PRIVACY Forum mailing list To: snipped-for-privacy@vortex.com Subject: [ PRIVACY Forum ] FCC removes report on AT&T/T-Mobile merger - Is the replacement version the same?

FCC removes report on AT&T/T-Mobile merger - Is the replacement version the same? http://j.mp/rHEMch (This message on Google+)

- - -

Yesterday I noted the availability of a long FCC report explaining why they felt the AT&T/T-Mobile merger was not in the pubic interest. Various observers have interpreted the report as the FCC calling AT&T a liar regarding various issues. AT&T condemned the release of the report.

This morning I was flooded with messages noting a 404 on the relevant FCC link.

The original report was (as far as I can tell now) at:

formatting link
This link is indeed now dead.

Until a few minutes ago, the cover letter for the report continued to exist at:

formatting link
But that link has also now gone dead, though the Google Search results for that URL still show that it was originally present.

The report now is available at:

formatting link
This version shows significant blocks of redacted "Confidential Information" and does not appear to be text searchable.

I did not have time yesterday to go through the report at the original location in detail.

I would appreciate it if anyone who has a local copy of the report from the original location, would confirm to me that the report from both locations were identical -- in particular that the redactions noted in the current version were present in the version that the FCC apparently removed from its original URL.

Thanks much.

--Lauren-- Lauren Weinstein ( snipped-for-privacy@vortex.com):

formatting link
People For Internet Responsibility:
formatting link
_______________________________________________ privacy mailing list
formatting link

Reply to
danny burstein
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.