CSIRO wins patent appeal, stops "Buffalo" from selling WIFI routers [telecom]

"CSIRO WiFi Ruling Upheld By Greg McNevin

" September 24, 2008: The CSIRO is edging closer to a mountain of WiFi royalties, following a US court ruling against an appeal lodged by Buffalo Technology.

"The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) was awarded patents relating to several widely-used IEEE wireless standards (such as 802.11 which is used in wireless networking) back in 1996... ... "Of course, Buffalo is not the only firm in the ongoing royalties saga, with companies such as Apple, Dell, HP, NetGear, Microsoft and Intel also involved, however, the ruling against Buffalo has opened the door for the CSIRO to move ahead..."

rest:

formatting link
may be power, but communications is the key snipped-for-privacy@panix.com [to foil spammers, my address has been double rot-13 encoded]

Reply to
danny burstein
Loading thread data ...

Whew, I guess I bought my iPod Touch at just the right time then. That said, it cost me as much for it as my former 8GB 2nd generation iPod Nano.

I like the Touch, it's very hackable. Sparkfun.com even sells a microphone kit for it and I know there's a version of Skype for it.

Everywhere I go (Home, the train, work) all has 802.11 wireless access.

So there's now no real need for me to buy a cell phone.

Reply to
T

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.