CommunicationsDirect News Daily Update - November 23, 2007

******************************** PricewaterhouseCoopers Presents The CommunicationsDirect Daily Update For November 23, 2007 ********************************

Our new poll: Do you think telcos are taking climate change issues seriously enough? Visit our site to vote.

3G Faces Uncertain Outlook in Russia
formatting link
MTS has once again warned that the failure to free up spectrum for 3G could delay deployment in Moscow. While Russia's telecoms regulator has announced that it will take concrete steps to liberalise the spectrum required for 3G, this may be a slow process and could delay the introduction of 3G services in...

Belgacom Warns New EU Telecom Rules will Harm Investment

formatting link
Belgacom's chief executive, Didier Bellens, has hit out at the European Union (EU)'s plans to reform the telecoms rules for the region, warning that it will harm investment in the telecoms sector. Speaking at a conference organised by the European Telecommunications Network Operators' Association (ETNO), which represents...

Going Public

formatting link
Over this past year, minus a couple exceptions, public markets have been generous with telecom/tech. And, as long as the debt markets hold up and only strong companies put themselves out there, the trend is expected to continue. That's quite a change from a few years ago, when communications IPOs lagged other industries...

Forget the iPhone?Give Me an iClone

formatting link
I've just arrived in Oslo, Norway, and I'm waiting for a friend to pick me up at the airport. As he rolls up in his efficient Peugeot hatchback, I can see by the wrinkles in his forehead and by the smile on his face that he's laughing at me. "I just tried to call your cell phone and realized it doesn't...

Report: Features Encourage Increased Spending

formatting link
According to the study by J.D. Power and Associates, customers who use a variety of features and services on their cell phones spend up to $14 more per month than customers who don't. J.D. Power and Associates 2007 U.S. Wireless Mobile Phone Evaluation Study found that customers who send and receive e-mail and text message ...

BSNL Lines Up GSM Options

formatting link
Indian carrier Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. (BSNL) is on the brink of withdrawing a GSM equipment contract worth around $875 million from Nokia Siemens Networks after talks between the two companies reportedly broke down. The vendor isn't keen on the financial terms of the deal - around $90 per line for mobile access...

Top Ten Storage Turkey Awards 2007

formatting link
It's Thanksgiving in the U.S., and once again we offer up our annual Turkey Awards, highlighting the biggest gaffs in storage networking this past year. Check out the following list as you nibble your turkey sandwich or pumpkin pie. It is ranked in no particular order, but features our own holiday-friendly scoring system. If...

--------------------

To SUBSCRIBE or change your subscription profile, visit

formatting link
Your feedback on our e-letter is always welcome. Send email to: CommunicationsDirect Editor

--------------------

Copyright (C) 2007 PricewaterhouseCoopers. All rights reserved. PricewaterhouseCoopers refers to the network of member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited, each of which is a separate and independent legal entity.

Reply to
communicationsdirect_daily
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.