Comcast Sues Over Nashville Pole Law [telecom]

By John Eggerton, Multichannel News, 10/26/2016

MSO says city's make-ready ordinance should be permanently invalidated

WASHINGTON - Comcast has sued the mayor of Nashville, Tenn., the city and its head of public works over what the MSO said was an illegal attempt to move its pole attachments without Comcast's consent.

According to the lawsuit filed in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee, Comcast said Nashville also provided "far less" notice than either federal law or its contract with the city allows. Telco AT&T filed a similar suit last month.

formatting link

-or-

formatting link

Well I'm a former cable guy who spent hundreds of hours inspecting utility poles trying to figure out the least-expensive way to attach a CATV coax cable to existing poles. I would never have expected the other occupants of a pole would allow my contractor to move their facilities. And I wouldn't want any other company's contractor to move my facilities.

Neal McLain

Reply to
Neal McLain
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.