CO technology query -- line cards [telecom]

A little {retired} bird flew by and told us that instead of needing a separate DSLAM in any CO or SLC offering ADSL; there is now a line card that will do either 4 POTS lines/slot, or

1 POTS+DSL.

My query is: Does anyone know the manufacturer/model number of this card? It's likely that only a craft person working with same would know, but hey, I bet some of them read this newsgroup...

We ask because various lower-level folks at a RBOC {guess which} insist it does not exist; and there's no way to have ADLS sans outboard DSLAM. I guess they are afraid they might have [to] provision ADSL if people could order it.

If you don't want to be public; send the moderator or me a note from a throwaway address.

Reply to
David Lesher
Loading thread data ...

Are they talking about a replacement line card for an existing CO switch, such as a DMS or ESS?

Or, were they talking about straight off-the-shelf cards of either 200/400 mechanics or 239 mechanics?

Or, were thay talking about completely integrated systems like those made by Zyxel, Adit, etc.

The possibilities are endless, the variables many...

Jim

************************************************** Speaking from a secure undisclosed location.
Reply to
AJB Consulting

What kind of CO are you on?

Lucent/Alcatel? Nortel? Ericsson?

It may well be that one vendor has this beasty but others don't.

H.

***** Moderator's Note *****

A. It disrupts the normal top-to-bottom flow of a written communication. Q. Why is top-posting bad?

Bill Horne Moderator

Reply to
Howard Eisenhauer

True. I was thinking Lucent since a nearby existing SLC is same, off a 5ESS ORM. But it could be Verizontal would install Brand X Y or Z instead. [I've not seen same; only the classic Lucents.]

We were tipped about the card I described was described by a retiree. So we know She buys them, or did...we just don't know the manufacturer.

Another source has pointed me to as one flavor.

Reply to
David Lesher

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.