CNN: Mueller investigating McCabe termination [telecom]

Excerpt:

Washington (CNN)Special counsel Robert Mueller's team interviewed former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe and asked about the firing of FBI Director James Comey, a source briefed on the matter confirmed to CNN.

The source would not say when the interview, first reported by Axios, occurred.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions fired McCabe on Friday at 10 p.m., about a day before his 50th birthday and the date he was set to retire and begin receiving his anticipated pension. Special counsel Robert Mueller has memos written by former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe documenting his conversations with Trump.

full article

formatting link

***** Moderator's Note *****

This story is related to telecom, but not because it concerns the methods or equipment or regulations that affect the telecommunications world.

This is not about how we communicate, but whether we are allowed to do so. It is an attempt by a self-absorbed, cowardly, draft-dodging daddy's boy to take revenge on a civil servant who dared to say that the emperor is not only unclothed, but also unable; not only vapid, but also vain, vituperative, vengeful, and vicious.

Mr. McCabe tried to leave honorably. Donald Trump demanded that he be administratively executed, no doubt to support this carnival barker's infantile need to be the king of an imaginary castle where only he is allowed to be important.

This petty revenge has been taken on a respected executive who was, by all acounts I've read, a conscientious FBI leader prior to the current administration. If he did something illegal, as has been alleged, then he is entitled to have his guilt - or innocence - decided in a court of law. The fact that he has been denied his pension is an obviously extortionate action: an attempt to force an honest man to lie and hide evidence to benefit dishonest politicians.

Donald has always stood on dead man's legs: he never developed his own. The things he learned at his daddy's knee were marked by what they are not: he knows only the appearance of authority instead of its responsibilities, only the need to seem patriotic instead of any notion of sacrifice, only the privileges of leadership instead of its obligations. The president's puerile temper tantrum is proof prima facie that the country I fought for in Vietnam has fallen so far, and so fast, that we are cirling a massive whirlpool that drains into the sewer of history.

I'm ashamed to be an American today. What hurts the most is that I didn't think it was possible.

Bill Horne Moderator

Reply to
Bill Horne
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.