CenturyLink raises unlisted phone rates to $5 a month in Washington state, cites growing competition [Telecom]

May 30, 2014 | By Sean Buckley

CenturyLink subscribers in Tacoma and Gig Harbor, Wash., who want an unpublished phone number will see service rates rise from 75 cents to $5 a month, translating into a total of $60 a year.

In addition to raising the unpublished rates, directory assistance will now cost all users $3 per call.

The telco told the Tacoma News Tribune that the rate increase reflects the state of the competitive market.

Rest at:

formatting link

-or-

formatting link

- - - - - - - - - -

This brings back a memory: the first time I asked for an unlisted number, and heard how much they were going to charge, I asked if I had to show ID when I ordered a phone.

The sales lady said that I didn't, but that I'd have to make a deposit which would be refunded after six months if I had no late bills.

At the time, unlisted lines cost about $2 extra per month, so I made the deposit and gave a pseudonym. It worked out perfectly. ;-)

Bill

Reply to
Bill Horne
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.