CenturyLink landline Service Restored in Gordon Township, WI [telecom]

The Douglas County Office of Emergency Management is reporting CenturyLink landline telephone service in Gordon Township has been restored.

Authorities say at 8 a.m. Friday, service for residents in that area went down. The service was restored around 8:50 a.m.

formatting link

***** Moderator's Note *****

This is an unusual story: the two paragraphs above are the entire article shown at wdio.com.

A Google search for details turned up a couple of hits, first from the "Superior Telegram" site, and also from a TV station, but when I try to follow the links, the Superior Telegram page says I'm "Not Authorized" to view the story, and the TV station's page returns a

I reached a reporter at the Superior Telegram, and was told that the story had been taken down because the outage was over by the time it was posted. I couldn't find any other report of the incident: although Google's summary for the search showed several sites that mentioned an outage, all of the articles or stories appear to have been removed.

Bill Horne Moderator

Reply to
Bill Horne
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.