Cellular phone question [Telecom]

First, a meta-question: Is there a serious cellular telephony newsgroup? All the "alt.cellular" ones seem to be full of spam.

Second: Wal-Mart is selling AT&T Go Phones (Nokia 2610) for $15. Would a regular AT&T (Cingular) SIM card work in one of these phones? Or is Go Phone separate from AT&T (formerly Cingular) for locking purposes?

***** Moderator's Note *****

This is the only serious telecom group I know of: we cover cellular as well as wireline and a lot of other topics.

Bill Horne Temporary Moderator

Please put [Telecom] at the end of your subject line, or I may never see your post! Thanks!

Reply to
MC
Loading thread data ...

There are numerous very active cellular telephony discussion forums at

formatting link

***** Moderator's Note *****

I think of newsgroups and forums as two different things: nothing wrong with either, mind you, but forums are usually advertiser-supported, so that's a different paradyme.

Of course, "MC" found the down side of Usenet: unmoderated newsgroups tend to degenerate over time. Forums have ads, but that means the owner(s) have a reason to separate wheat from chaff, and commercial interest tends to assure a relatively high content/crud ratio.

YMMV.

Bill Horne Temporary Moderator

Please put [Telecom] at the end of your subject line, or I may never see your post! Thanks!

We have a new address for email submissions: telecomdigestmoderator atsign telecom-digest.org. This is only for those who submit posts via email: if you use a newsreader or a web interface to contribute to the digest, you don't need to change anything.

Reply to
library.airnews.net

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.