Cell Phone Numbers and Do Not Call List

I received an email from a gentleman here in the Atlanta area. He claims that the telemarketers will be allowed to call cell phones within the next couple of weeks and advised everyone to add their cell phones to the National Do Not Call List.

I've not seen any other information on it so I don't know if that is true. Does anyone from Telecom Digest have any information on that? Is this for real or just a rumor running around the 'Net?

Regards,

Fred Atkinson

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I do not know if this is true or not, but the way _I_ handled it long ago was to add my cell phone number to the 'regular' DND list, without regard to it being a cell phone. In other words, I called up the list, and told it to add my number xxx-xxx-xxxx to the list without bothering to indicate that it was a cell phone number. After all, how is anyone going to know if it is a cell phone or a 'regular' number anyway? I believe I read somewhere that we were 'not supposed to do that', that the list was for landline (or regular) numbers only. But I included every number over which I have control; cellular, VOIP, landline, etc. It seems to have worked out okay thus far. I think I inserted four numbers on the DND list; my landline, my distinctive ring-ring number, my cell phone number and my VOIP number. Therefore I do not have to worry about whether or not these 'rumors' are true or false. You might try the same approach. PAT]
Reply to
Fred Atkinson
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.