Capability to examine all worldwide data in motion in realtime exists today [Telecom]

Over the years I've posted articles to comp.dcom.telecom about Carnivore, Echelon, and the Russian's SORM programs which includes using fiber optic splitters (aka "PRISMs") on all the Internet backbones.

Several years ago at a tech meeting that I can't reveal I heard en passant the NSA had made a "breakthrough" in computing and decryption capabilities a few years earlier. My immediate thought was "quantum computing".

Turns out now that I was correct per all available current evidence.

Back when I worked at the GTE/Sylvania Electronic Defense Labs in Silicon Valley during the 1960s, we were doing "things" on diamond and sapphire substrates at frequencies which might seem unbelievable, but they weren't, and there still is nothing in the commercial marketplace today, 47 years later, that even pretends to approach what we did then for the 3-letter and other US government agencies.

Today's "zinger" pertains to quantum computing. But before that I wish to introduce two important newsletters to which you may wish to subscribe so you can can keep an "ear to the ground" as to what's really and truly happening worldwide noting the FAS provides full access to the taxpayer-paid Congressional Research Reports which the US government denies to us:

1. Federation of American Scientists -- Secrecy News

formatting link

The Secrecy News Blog is at:

formatting link

To SUBSCRIBE to Secrecy News, go to:

formatting link

Secrecy News is archived at:

formatting link

1. Bruce Schneier's CRYPTO-GRAM

formatting link

formatting link

formatting link
subscribe, back issues

formatting link

Following Slashdot and WIRED magazine is a good idea nowadays, too:

formatting link
subscribe for daily & weekly emails

formatting link

So, quantum computing. Here are some backgrounders and quick starters:

formatting link

Google's and Lockheed-Martin's quantum computers:

formatting link

formatting link

formatting link

formatting link

formatting link

formatting link

Center for Quantum Computing:

formatting link

formatting link

If you only have time to read one article, the NaturalNews article should be the one per this short extract:

" [...] " Google acquires "Skynet" quantum computers from D-Wave " " According to an article published in Scientific American, Google " and NASA have now teamed up to purchase a 512-qubit quantum " computer from D-Wave. The computer is called "D-Wave Two" because " it's the second generation of the system. The first system was a " 128-qubit computer. Gen two is now a 512-qubit computer. " " This does not mean the gen two system is merely four times more " powerful than the gen one system. Thanks to the nature of qubits, " it's actually 2 to the power of 384 times more powerful (2^384) " than the gen one system. In other words, it out-computes the " first D-Wave computer by a factor so large that you can't even " imagine it in your human brain. " [...]

The SciAM article is this one:

formatting link

The above abstract from NaturalNews reveals what is now commercially available today with quantum computing. I now firmly believe the NSA did achieve the breakthrough circa 2010 and is capabable of easily and quickly decrypting anything in realtime from anywhere in the world and will be storing that data and everyone's email and cellphone/telephone calls in their new Utah data center with yottabytes of storage.

Thad

Reply to
Thad Floryan
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.