Caller ID on Home Phones Using Vonage Originating From Cell Phones

I have Vonage. This is a newbie question. I have caller ID on a new set of phones I bought at home (Uniden CLX-485). When someone calls me from their home or business phone it displays the name and the number perfectly.

When they call me from their cell phone it only displays the number and the name defaults to "Wireless Caller". While I have them in my phonebook on my home phone, it does not use that to look up the name.

Is this somewhat normal? No name displayed on home callerid from a cell phone caller? Most people in my area use Verizon Wireless.

Thanks,

Patty

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Do not be embarassed about being a 'newbie'; all of us were at one time or another. The behavior you describe is quite common with cell phones. My one cell phone here faithfully tells everyone that "Cell Phone, Illinois" is calling when I ring them but it does give the correct number. My other cell phone gives the correct name and number. It depends on the type of arrangements the cellular carrier makes with the wireline company. It also depends on how the landline telco deals with inter-lata (or between telephone company areas) calls whether or not the name is available. It does not matter if home or business; caller ID does its own thing. PAT]
Reply to
pattyjamas
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.