Busy Redial feature discontinued? [telecom]

A special dialing feature was busy redial:

"If the number you are calling is busy, Busy Redial will redial the last local telephone number you called for up to 30 minutes. If the number is not available after 30 minutes, the redialing is cancelled. You can cancel the redial with a code if you do not want to wait for the number to become available."

I found this feature very handy when I had to make an urgent call to a line that was busy.

However, according to the Verizon web page, this feature has been discontinued for new customers. Could anyone explain why?

formatting link

Reply to
HAncock4
Loading thread data ...

In article you write:

When's the last time you got a busy signal? These days everyone has voice mail.

R's, John

Reply to
John Levine

Calling to confirm my most recent dentist's appointment; the pay-by-phone line at my gas company; the fax machine at my doctor's office ...

... full (or absent) voicemail boxes revert to busy signals. HTH. YMMV.

Cheers, -- tlvp

Reply to
tlvp

Many individual homes still do not have call waiting. Some people do not like it. Lots of people still use answering machines, not voice mail.

Some small businesses do not have call waiting or voice mail. For instance, a busy pizza place or restaurant would issue simply a busy signal if its lines were full since no one could take a call.

Reply to
HAncock4

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.