Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

news report on cell phone spam - 'tough' [telecom]
A local TV news report discussed the problem of spam texts and phone calls to cell phones, where the callee often has to pay for them. Many people interviewed resented the intrusion of such calls and...

Apple Launches iPhone 4S, iOS 5 & iCloud [telecom]
Apple Launches iPhone 4S, iOS 5 & iCloud iPhone 4S Features Dual-Core A5 Chip, All New Camera, Full 1080p HD Video Recording & Introduces Siri CUPERTINO, California-October 4, 2011-Apple today...

Security Vulnerability In HTC Android Devices [telecom]
Massive Security Vulnerability In HTC Android Devices (EVO 3D, 4G, Thunderbolt, Others) Exposes Phone Numbers, GPS, SMS, Emails Addresses, Much More Posted by Artem Russakovskii October 3, 2011 I am...

Verizon moves to oppose net neutrality [telecom]
I came across this at a site called Verizon Steps to the Plate, Challenges Net Neutrality October 3rd, 2011 by Rob Powell In this fall's least surprising lawsuit, Verizon on Friday fired off its best...

Nine facts about SIP [telecom]
I came across this at - Facts about SIP By John SIP Trunks aren't trunks. There is no physical circuit, just a voice path routed over a carrier's IP network using VoIP technology. SIP trunks can be...

CenturyLink-Qwest Merger Moving Forward [telecom]
CenturyLink-Qwest Merger Moving Forward This is from the "Telecom News" section of a website called "lowt1rates" The pending $22.4 billion CenturyLink Inc.- Qwest Communications International Inc....

Cell phone privacy cases slated for U.S. Supreme Court's new term [telecom]
This is also from CNET: Privacy cases slated for U.S. Supreme Court's new term By: Declan McCullagh When police in the District of Columbia decided to use an automobile GPS bug to surreptitiously...

iPhone users have to wait a few microseconds [telecom]
This is from CNET: Police in San Francisco won't be able to provide sneak peeks of any upcoming Apple iPhone. Investigators from the San Francisco Police Department had expressed interest in reviewing...

Amazon unveils $199 Tablet PC [telecom]
Amazon Fights the iPad With 'Fire' E-Commerce Giant Unveils New Tablet PC for $199, Aiming to Undercut Apple in Fast-Growing Market By STU WOO And JEFFREY A. TRACHTENBERG SEPTEMBER 29, 2011 Inc....

Frequently Asked Questions [telecom]
This is the list of frequently-asked questions for The Telecom Digest, and it is sent to new subscribers automatically. It is also posted in the Digest whenever the contents change, and once per...

CO question [telecom]
My Verizon dialtone service is out. DSL works ok. When I finally reached an 'agent' by repeating 'agent' in the voice prompts, I explained that I had battery on the line and sidetone and I had checked...

Want More Information? Just Scan Me [telecom]
Want More Information? Just Scan Me By STEPHANIE ROSENBLOOM September 21, 2011 DURING New York Fashion Week earlier this month, Quick Response (QR) codes - square, checkered symbols that can be...

AT&T, DOJ headed for February trial over T-Mobile USA buy [telecom]
AT&T, DOJ headed for February trial over T-Mobile USA buy 22, 2011 12:44am ET | By Lynnette Luna There was no settlement following yesterday's court date that came about because of the Justice...

LightSquared claims that it solves GPS interference with new device [telecom]
From CNET: LightSquared solves GPS interference with new device By: Marguerite Reardon LightSquared, which is building a nationwide 4G LTE wireless broadband network using spectrum that is adjacent to...

Net neutrality rules kick in November 20 [telecom]
This is from cnet: The FCC rules--the outcome of years of debate--lay out specific Net neutrality principles and essentially let Internet service providers ration access to their networks while...