Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Why You're Gonna Get Stalked by Your iPhone Like Never Before with iOS 5 [telecom]
Why You're Gonna Get Stalked by Your iPhone Like Never Before with iOS 5 By Roberto Baldwin October 14, 2011 Apple's latest iOS brings enhanced location services to your iPhone. So enhanced that some...

iOS 5 reviewed: Notifications, iMessages, and iCloud, oh my! [telecom]
iOS 5 reviewed: Notifications, iMessages, and iCloud, oh my! By Jacqui Cheng Ars Technica iOS 5 is now available to the public after having been teased for months. Unlike the last major update to the...

VeriZon Now to Exit the Payphone Business [telecom]
There is an article from Dow Jones Newswires (Wall Street Journal) dated Thursday 13-October-2011, regarding VeriZon being the last "Bell" telco to officially exit the payphone business. The full text...

Dennis MacAlistair Ritchie, 1941-2011 [telecom]
It must be the season for losing brilliant people: amidst tears, -- tlvp - - Avant de repondre, jeter la poubelle, SVP. ***** Moderator's Note ***** Oh, no, no, please, God, no, not him: I've got the...

iOS 5 update causes massive internet traffic spike [telecom]
iOS 5 update causes massive internet traffic spike - to users' frustration iOS 5 update for iPhone and iPad puts huge strain on Apple's new iCloud servers, leading to slowdowns for many users Charles...

Privacy alert: Verizon is now monitoring your mobile Web habits [telecom]
Privacy alert: Verizon is now monitoring your mobile Web habits By JR Raphael (@jr_raphael) October 12, 2011 Verizon Wireless users, listen up: Verizon is making a significant change to its privacy...

New iPhone Conceals Sheer Magic [telecom]
New iPhone Conceals Sheer Magic By DAVID POGUE October 11, 2011 What's in a name? A lot, apparently. Apple's new iPhone is called the iPhone 4S. But what people really wanted was the iPhone 5. The...

iPhone 4S Meta-Review: It's the Same, But Like Better [telecom]
iPhone 4S Meta-Review: It's the Same, But Like Better By Casey Chan Gizmodo Oct 11, 2011 The first reviews are out for the iPhone 4S and they're a lot like we expected, which is to say, exactly what...

Tesla Motors Model S sedan takes texting and distracted driving to new level [Telecom]
I did a "WTF!?", and fortunately didn't have coffee in hand, when I saw a picture of the new Tesla Model S sedan in today's Almanac (Menlo Park, Atherton, Portola Valley, Woodside [California]) news...

Free Texts Pose Threat to Carriers [telecom]
Free Texts Pose Threat to Carriers By JENNA WORTHAM October 9, 2011 At a time when e-mail and many other forms of electronic communication are essentially free, wireless carriers are still charging as...

Steve Jobs: How to live before you die [telecom]
Steve Jobs: How to live before you die Steve Jobs' 2005 Stanford Commencement Address Steve Jobs: Stanford commencement address, June 2005 In 2005, a year after he was first diagnosed with cancer,...

Book Business Sees a Bonanza in a Forthcoming Biography [telecom]
Book Business Sees a Bonanza in a Forthcoming Biography By JULIE BOSMAN October 6, 2011 It took only hours on Wednesday night for Walter Isaacson's forthcoming biography of Steve Jobs to shoot up the...

With Time Running Short, Jobs Managed His Farewells [telecom]
With Time Running Short, Jobs Managed His Farewells By CHARLES DUHIGG October 6, 2011 Over the last few months, a steady stream of visitors to Palo Alto, Calif., called an old friend's home number and...

The iPhone 4S, HSPA+, and When HSPA+ is Real 4G [telecom]
The iPhone 4S, HSPA+, and When HSPA+ is Real 4G by Brian Klug 10/9/2011 A while after the iPhone 4S announcement, I posted a piece on the iPhone 4S' cellular architecture and talked about the new...

Early Orders Test iPhone 4S Appeal [telecom]
Early Orders Test iPhone 4S Appeal By GEOFFREY A. FOWLER And IAN SHERR OCTOBER 8, 2011 Apple Inc. on Friday faced its first test since the death of co-founder Steve Jobs as it began accepting...