Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

SNL Verizon 4G LTE skit gets it right [telecom]
SNL Verizon 4G LTE skit gets it right in so many ways by Mathew Miller - February 12 Summary: SNL writers create some clever spoof commercials and the latest one about Verizon and it's 4G LTE network...

[telecom] Traveling Light in a Time of Digital Thievery
Traveling Light in a Time of Digital Thievery By NICOLE PERLROTH February 10, 2012 SAN FRANCISCO - When Kenneth G. Lieberthal, a China expert at the Brookings Institution, travels to that country, he...

LightSquared gets desperate, seeks regulatory changes [telecom]
LightSquared gets desperate, seeks regulatory changes to satisfy GPS debacle By Zachary Lutz posted Feb 7th 2012 9:46PM If we were the betting type -- and hell, some of us really are -- we'd wager a...

[telecom] Users of Citibank Bill-Pay App Charged Twice
Users of Citibank Bill-Pay App Charged Twice BY BEN PROTESS FEBRUARY 9, 2012 Citigroup's effort to become "the world's digital bank" has encountered a snag. A technical bug caused Citi, the nation's...

Verizon crosses web lines [telecom]
The Wall Street Journal Verizon Crosses Web Lines Wireless Arm Touts Comcast Even as Phone Giant Battles Cable in FiOS Fight. By ANTON TROIANOVSKI, THOMAS CATAN and SHALINI RAMACHANDRAN As Verizon...

LightSquared Broadband Plan Questioned by GPS Experts [telecom]
By: Wayne Rash, EWeek 2012-02-09 NEWS ANALYSIS: A DOT official's testimony in a House Aviation Subcommittee hearing called LightSquared's data plan completely incompatible with GPS. There has also...

Cordboard PBX for sale [telecom]
[[ 'for sale' postings are generally verboten here, I'm making an ]] [[ exception in this case, due to the infrequent availability of ]] [[ such goodies. -- rdb, temp mod. ]] Back in March of last...

[telecom] Apple's iPhone Business Alone Is Now Bigger Than All Of Microsoft
Apple's iPhone Business Alone Is Now Bigger Than All Of Microsoft Henry Blodget Business Insider February 4, 2012 (Business Insider, company filings, CQ4 2011 revenue.) Tech writer MG Siegler just...

Google offers explanation for removing Galaxy Nexus phone from [telecom]
Verizon Galaxy Nexus, other CDMA devices, no longer listed with Google developer support by Kevin Krause on February 3rd, 2012 at 4:22 pm *UPDATE:* The Android Team's Dan Morrill has posted an...

Federal regulators taking a hard look at $3.6 billion Verizon [telecom]
{{ from The Hill newspaper }} Federal regulators taking a hard look at $3.6 billion Verizon cable deal By Brendan Sasso - 02/04/12 03:25 PM ET Verizon's $3.6 billion deal with a coalition of cable...

Judge says RIAA can identify Internet users [telecom]
I don't know how old this decision is, and I don't see a date on the .pdf file, but I don't think it has appeared in the Digest before. Long story short: a judge has ruled that Internet Service...

Complaints about Verizon Fios [telecom]
{{ from the 'consumer affairs' website }} Laura of Round Hill, VA on Feb. 5, 2012 Since 2009, I've had to fend off a Verizon collection agency to advise them that I do not owe the debt in collection,...

LightSquared's GPS-Interference Controversy Comes to a Boil [telecom]
{{ From the IEEE }} LightSquared's GPS-Interference Controversy Comes to a Boil Cellular wannabe can't reach a deal with GPS community By David Schneider / February 2012 Lightsquared a Reston,...

CenturyLink complaints outweigh positive remarks by 20-to-1 [telecom]
At least at one website, complaints about CenturyLink's customer service outweigh positive reports by more than twenty to one. Although most of the complaints on the site are from unidentified users,...

Verizon cutting 336 N.J. jobs [telecom]
{{ from the New Jersey Courier News }} Verizon cutting 336 N.J. jobs by David P. Willis Verizon Communications will lay off 336 employees in New Jersey, installers who work in homes and businesses on...