Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

[telecom] Smartphone ticketing set for commuter rail
Smartphone ticketing set for commuter rail April 21, 2012|By Eric Moskowitz Commuter rail riders will be able to purchase and display tickets on their smartphones later this year, instead of fumbling...

Bell Canada is using door-to-door salespeople [telecom]
I just had a unsolicited visit at my front door from a Bell Canada salesperson who wanted to sell me Bell's television service. I didn't ask whether he was a Bell Canada employee or an employee of a...

Sure an interesting job... [telecom]
Have you seen the article about our moderator? I'm sure he hasn't tried "Tugging on Superman's cape. Spitting into the wind. [or] Pulling the mask off the Lone Ranger." None of those tempt fate like...

NYS AG claims Sprint has been shorting on sales tax [telecom]
[press release] A.G. Schneiderman Files Groundbreaking Tax Fraud Lawsuit Against Sprint For Over $300 Million Attorney General Eric T. Schneiderman today filed a first-of-its-kind lawsuit against...

Telstra hands telephone 'spoofing' inquiry to police [telecom]
Telstra hands telephone 'spoofing' inquiry to police Matthew Kelly April 19, 2012 Police have become involved in an investigation into how dozens of Telstra customers with numbers starting with 4963...

How to win a dispute with Verizon Wireless [telecom]
I just came across this website, and I'm passing it along FWIW. "How to win a complaint dispute with Verizon Wireless" How many times have you complained to Verizon Wireless and gotten nowhere? The...

[telecom] Carriers Warn of Crisis in Mobile Spectrum
Carriers Warn of Crisis in Mobile Spectrum By BRIAN X. CHEN April 17, 2012 AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint say they need more radio spectrum, the government-rationed slices of radio waves that...

NYT: on modern phonograph turntables [telecom]
The technical evolution of the telephone and phonograph went hand in hand over the years as advances in electronics and acoustics developed. For many years Western Electric made commercial audio...

Calif prisons to block use of smuggled cell phones [telecom]
The Los Angeles Times reported that "Global Tel Link, which supplies California lockups with pay phones, will install technology to disable cellphones, which have been used by inmates to run criminal...

Verizon Wireless to charge for phone upgrades [telecom]
This is from the USA Today website: Verizon Wireless, the country's largest cellphone company, says it will start charging $30 every time a subscriber wants to upgrade to a new phone. Other phone...

Verizon accused of avoiding taxes [telecom]
According to the "US Uncut" website, verizon avoided paying taxes on Billions of dollars in revenue. See usuncut.org

[telecom] Inside the new iPad's 4G LTE mobile data: AT&T vs Verizon
Inside the new iPad's 4G LTE mobile data: AT&T vs Verizon By Daniel Eran Dilger Friday, April 13, 2012 Apple's newest iPad sports very fast 4G LTE data service, available on either AT&T or Verizon...

iPhone photo's embedded GPS info used to arrest Anonymous hacker [Telecom]
This is sort-of funny: Picture is at the above URL; the short article follows: " Police allege that an Anonymous hacker posted a picture of his " presumed girlfriend's breasts as a taunt to U.S...

Cellphone thefts increase in L.A. [telecom]
"Police in downtown Los Angeles have seen cellphone thefts soar 32% as smartphones like the IPhone become easily turned into pay-as-you-go phones. Police said phones are being commonly snatched from...

[telecom] Justice Dept. Sues Apple and Publishers Over E-Book Pricing; 3 Publishers Settle
Justice Dept. Sues Apple and Publishers Over E-Book Pricing; 3 Publishers Settle By JULIE BOSMAN APRIL 11, 2012 9:19 p.m. | Updated The Justice Department jumped directly into the fight over the...