Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Conference Calling providers [telecom]
I'm seeking providers of conference calling services. Specifically: A) Managed groups of 10-75 people. Management means web page showing directory numbers of callers & way to have nametags on number....

Cellphone service in Boston subway by years end [telecom]
Full cellphone reception expected for T subway by year's end AT&T, T-Mobile have signed on By Matt Rocheleau Globe Correspondent / May 21, 2012 All underground portions of the MBTA subway system...

Re: ("cramming" 3rd party billing from AT&T [telecom]
Unfortunately, this is not new and has been a problem for some time. AT&T and Verizon have agreed to stop third-party billing for companies. An article in Consumerist: The federal crackdown on the...

Q.: Should jailbreaking ... mobile phones ... be legalized? [telecom]
The latest "Naked Security" blog post asks: : Should jailbreaking gaming consoles, mobile phones and tablets be legalized? Rationale for raising the question: | Yesterday US copyright regulators...

3rd party billing from AT&T [telecom]
In the past months I started recieving 3rd party billing from never demanded services from USBI. The actual company seemed to be Onelink Communications Inc. It was $6 a month. After some phone calls...

Study: Phone company customer satisfaction evens out [telecom]
Study: Phone company customer satisfaction evens out By Peter Svensson AP Technology Writer / May 15, 2012 NEW YORK-A study of customer satisfaction at the Big 4 wireless carriers finds no significant...

Re: Bill Pay down [telecom]
His blog mentions a number of banks who use Checkfree, including the one where I use bill pay. I haven't seen any outage and my payments have gone out correctly. -Stan

Smartphone security is heading for 'apocalypse' [telecom]
"Network World - The meteoric rise in the smartphone market is creating a dangerous vulnerability in smartphone security - one that may not be patched until the problem expands into what has been...

We Learn About The Telephone [telecom]
1965 Bell movie for elementary-school audiences:

Verizon in $63 Billion Faceoff With AT&T Over Family Plans [telecom]
Olga Kharif and Scott Moritz, ©2012 Bloomberg News May 16 (Bloomberg) -- Verizon Wireless and AT&T Inc. are both preparing to roll out shared-data pricing plans this year. Whoever makes the first...

Cox, Verizon challenge AT&T, CenturyLink in Oklahoma [telecom]
Cox Communications and Verizon Wireless (NYSE: VZ) kicked off a joint promotion to subscribers in Oklahoma, offering new customers that order digital video and wireless phone and data bundles prepaid...

Verizon Wireless to scrap unlimited plans for 4G users [telecom]
(Reuters) - Verizon Wireless is planning to force customers to give up their unlimited data plans when they move to its high-speed wireless service, a top executive for parent company Verizon...

[telecom] BillPay Down, Online Banking Customers Crippled, Held Hostage
BillPay Down, Online Banking Customers Crippled, Held Hostage by Matthew Chan It seems not a single major news media source has written about the very serious and extended outage of the BillPay...

Facebook & your privacy [telecom]
Facebook & your privacy Who sees the data you share on the biggest social network? Consumer Reports, June 2012 Privacy and misinformation scandals haven't stopped people from using Facebook. Here are...

[telecom] Facebook Says, Lower Your Expectations About Mobile
Facebook Says, Lower Your Expectations About Mobile By NICK BILTON MAY 9, 2012 Here an ad, there an ad, everywhere an ad ad. Except on Facebook's mobile app, that is. Facebook amended its public...