Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: TD/CDT moderator's blog? [telecom]
Could you post the address of your blog? Oh, and as for CL, when I moved ten years ago I decided that I could do without (at the time) Qwest's services and haven't had service with them(or their...

[telecom] Wiresurfer launches online telecom price comparison market
Wiresurfer launches online telecom price comparison market By Sinead Carew Reuters Oct 2, 2012 (Reuters) - Inspired by travel sites like Expedia, start-up is promising to condense three days work into...

Former Verizon Wireless engineer sentenced on fraud scheme [telecom]
Former Verizon Wireless engineer sentenced on fraud scheme An FBI press release dated Oct. 3, 2012 announced that Michael W. Baxter, 62, of Ball Ground, Georgia, was sentenced today by Senior United...

T-Mobile USA's value down $13 billion since failed AT&T deal [telecom]
T-Mobile USA's value down $13 billion since failed AT&T deal By CORNELIUS RAHN & JOSEPH DE WECK Bloomberg News Published: 10/5/2012 1:48 AM Last Modified: 10/5/2012 4:57 AM Deutsche Telekom AG's...

AT&T Deploys More Fuel Cells in its Sites [telecom]
Bloom Energy continues to gain traction for its fuel cell technology with major data center operators. AT&T said today that it will purchase an additional 9.6 megawatts of fuel cell capacity, which...

LightSquared tries to keep its 4G LTE dream alive [telecom]
LightSquared tries to keep its 4G LTE dream alive The startup that won't give up recently filed a new proposal to the FCC to revive its plan for building a nationwide 4G LTE network to compete with...

[telecom] Apple maps is a costly wrong turn
Apple maps is a costly wrong turn EDITORIAL The Boston Globe OCTOBER 03, 2012 Google Maps app from its latest smartphone operating system. In its version for Apple iPhones, Google had withheld one of...

[telecom] Deutsche Telekom, MetroPCS to merge U.S. mobile businesses
Deutsche Telekom, MetroPCS to merge U.S. mobile businesses By Harro Ten Wolde and Sinead Carew FRANKFURT/NEW YORK | Wed Oct 3, 2012 (Reuters) - Deutsche Telekom and MetroPCS said they will merge their...

[telecom] UPenn: Hackers leak personal info of students, employees and alums
Hackers leak personal info of students, employees and alums Team GhostShell, the group of hackers, has posted information from a Penn database By JULIE XIE October 2, 2012 Around 120,000 records from...

[telecom] T-Mobile and Metro-PCS announce merger
[press release] Bonn, Germany; Bellevue, WA; and Richardson, TX October 3, 2012 Deutsche Telekom and MetroPCS Communications, Inc. today announced that they have signed a definitive agreement to...

I'm back [telecom]
After a wonderful and incredible Summer in Montana, I have come home and returned to my duties as Moderator. Robert Bonomi did a great job in my absence, and I owe him my gratitude for stepping up and...

[telecom] New software uses smartphone camera for spying
New software uses smartphone camera for spying By Shaun Waterman-The Washington Times October 2, 2012 Researchers from the U.S. Naval Surface Warfare Center have developed malicious software that can...

[telecom] Wi-Fi, Once a Nicety, Is Now a Need for Some Air Passengers
Wi-Fi, Once a Nicety, Is Now a Need for Some Air Passengers By HARRIET EDLESON October 1, 2012 Tony Drockton, who owns a luxury handbag company in Southern California, used to take the overnight...

Bogus Caller-ID [telecom]

[telecom] Hackers Breached Adobe Server in Order to Sign Their Malware
Hackers Breached Adobe Server in Order to Sign Their Malware BY KIM ZETTER 09.27.12 The ongoing security saga involving digital certificates got a new and disturbing wrinkle on Thursday when software...