Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Verizon Cell Tower Fire in Las Vegas [telecom]
A Verizon cell tower fire has been reported in Las Vegas. Welders were working on the tower when the fire started. The fire caused one of the offramps from US 95 to be closed, but there are no reports...

[telecom] iPad Pro: The Missing Workflow
iPad Pro: The Missing Workflow February 3, 2013 Edited by Jean-Louis Gassée Monday Note The iPad started simple, one window at a time, putting it in the "media consumption" category as a result. Over...

Free or low-cost inter-NPA forwarding? [Telecom]
Free? Forget it. But low cost is certainly possible. My suggestion would be to port the number to a VoIP carrier like Callcentric, then forward it from there. If the new service provider handles VoIP,...

[telecom] The growing culture of impatience, where instant gratification makes us crave more instant gratification
The growing culture of impatience makes us crave more and more instant gratification In the time it takes for you to read this ... oh, forget it By Christopher Muther Globe Staff / February 1, 2013...

[telecom] Cyberbullying And Sexual Shaming
On Point with Tom Ashbrook Cyberbullying And Sexual Shaming January 28, 2013 When cyberbullying turns into sexual shaming, with one teen who decided to tell her peers it's got to stop. In Nathaniel...

[telecom] The Pentagon And Cyber Defense, Cyber Warnings
On Point with Tom Ashbrook The Pentagon And Cyber Defense, Cyber Warnings January 30, 2013 New alarms about the risk of cyber attack as the Pentagon calls for more cyber warriors. Heads-up remarks...

[telecom] F.T.C. Suggests Privacy Guidelines for Mobile Apps
F.T.C. Suggests Privacy Guidelines for Mobile Apps By EDWARD WYATT February 1, 2013 WASHINGTON - In a strong move to protect the privacy of Americans as they use the Internet on their smartphones and...

[telecom] BlackBerry, Rebuilt, Lives to Fight Another Day
BlackBerry, Rebuilt, Lives to Fight Another Day By DAVID POGUE January 30, 2013 I'm sorry. I was wrong. This apology is for the bespectacled student at my talk in Cleveland, and the lady in the red...

[telecom] Your employer may share your salary, and Equifax might sell that data
EXCLUSIVE: Your employer may share your salary, and Equifax might sell that data The Equifax credit reporting agency, with the aid of thousands of human resource departments around the country, has...

[telecom] EFF: Is It Illegal To Unlock a Phone? The Situation is Better - and Worse - Than You Think
ANUARY 28, 2013 | BY MITCH STOLTZ Is It Illegal To Unlock a Phone? The Situation is Better - and Worse - Than You Think Legal protection for people who unlock their mobile phones to use them on other...

More on the Linksys sale [telecom]
I don't have better info, just my impression of Cisco's product offerings using and reselling them for 20 years. Unlike the vast majority of Cisco's purchases, where they tended to wrap the technology...

[telecom] re:Unlocking new cell phones to become illegal on Saturday
I think Microsoft has something like this in place. I think they've convinced hardware manufacturers to include a "secure boot" in the BIOS so the system will not boot anything without a Microsoft...

Re: [telecom] Macmillan will sell e-books to libraries in pilot program at $25 per title
My father used to say that "Every society in the history of the world has destroyed itself by graft and corruption". I didn't realize how right he was until now: the thought that my grandson might...

Re: [telecom] Unlocking new cell phones to become illegal on Saturday
The cellular industry would like to set an example for all the other monopolies in the world: the industry craves total control over the choices it's customers need to make just because they use cell...

[telecom] Car-Sharing Services Grow, and Expand Options
Car-Sharing Services Grow, and Expand Options By STEPHANIE STEINBERG and BILL VLASIC January 25, 2013 WASHINGTON - As more companies and even nonprofits enter the fast-growing business of car sharing,...