Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Smart Phones [telecom]
I think there is some confusion in the article(s) quoted in this thread. On March 4, 2013, had an article titled "Feeling the pinch of China's labor shortage", by Channtal Fleischfresser, where the...

White House: It's Time to Legalize Cellphone Unlocking [telecom]
White House: It's Time to Legalize Cellphone Unlocking MARCH 4, 2013 AT 10:13 AM PT The White House on Monday came out in support of the rights of consumers to unlock their cellphones once they have...

[telecom] Smart Phones
Moderator's note: I copied this post from another forum I read, with the kind permssion of Mr. Braun. I saw the Obama administration weighed in on one aspect of affordability this week: after another...

Re: Verizon Outages Strand Lower Manhattan Businesses 4 Months After Sandy[telecom]
Many places do not know how to take credit cards when the power is off, or when they can not get them authorized because their machine won't access the service center when the power is off somewhere...

CenturyLink may have been bilked for over $200,000 [telecom]
By Michael McFall | The Salt Lake Tribune Mar 01 2013 01:01 am Prosecutors have charged seven men and women for billing other people for two Davis County jail inmates' collect calls for more than...

CenturyLink launches Prism cable service [telecom]
CenturyLink launches Prism cable service in El Paso County CenturyLink has launched its Prism TV service in parts of El Paso County and plans to expand it to much of the Colorado Springs area by...

Verizon lining up roaming partners for 4G service [telecom]
(Reuters) - Verizon Wireless expects to sign its first international roaming agreement later this year for customers of its fastest wireless service who travel overseas, according to a top executive...

Verizon Outages Strand Lower Manhattan Businesses 4 Months After Sandy[telecom]
Verizon Outages Strand Lower Manhattan Businesses 4 Months After Sandy Gerry Smith Potential customers don't need to ask whether The Wayland, a chic bar in Manhattan's East Village, accepts credit...

[telecom] Nest's Smarter Home
Nest's Smarter Home Two men who created the iPod and iPhone injected new technology into the humble thermostat. Now they have their sights on the rest of your house. By Tom Simonite February 15, 2013...

AT&T, GM team up to make 4G cars [telecom]
The Washington Post reported that the dream of having a truly connected car may be getting closer. General Motors and AT&T announced that they will work together to put 4G WiFi connectivity into cars...

Looking for a Western Electric Autovon instrument [telecom]
Good morning Bill My name is Rick Walsh and I live not far from you in Middle Haddam, Connecticut. I was looking for a particular type of Western Electric telephone to complete a display of Autovon...

Verizon CFO Reiterates Interest in Vodafone's Wireless Stake [telecom]"
Verizon CFO Reiterates Interest in Vodafone's Wireless Stake Verizon Communications Inc. repeated its interest in making a deal to buy out Vodafone Group Plc's 45% stake in their wireless venture. The...

GM switches to AT&T from Verizon for OnStar [telecom]
GM switches to AT&T from Verizon for OnStar wireless service (Reuters) - General Motors Co has chosen AT&T Inc to provide high-speed wireless service for its 2015 car models, dropping its long-term...

Vodaphone says it doesn't need to sell off Verizon holdings [telecom]
By Kate Holton BARCELONA | Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:26pm EST (Reuters) - British mobile operator Vodafone said it did not need to sell part of its stake in its highly profitable Verizon Wireless joint...

[Telecom] Scammers Lurk Behind Area Code 876
While I do not support AARP and their liberal agendas, I feel that the information here should be shared. -or- Regards, Fred