Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

[Telecom] More Extensions and Lightning Protection
Folks, I'm on my way to closing on a house. I have a Linksys VOIP terminal adapter to support my phones. Though it will support two lines, I'm only using one at the present time. Linksys says the...

Verizon switching building remade into data center [telecom]
The NY Times reported that a former Verizon (NY Telephone Co.) switching center is being remade into a secured data center where companies can place their servers. "There will be uninterrupted power,...

Verizon, Cablevision emerge as unlikely allies [telecom]
Verizon, Cablevision emerge as unlikely allies of cable-TV customers fed up with bundling By Cecilia Kang, Published: March 19 Cable viewers have long complained about paying ever-higher bills for...

RE: Verizon's Latest Plan For Cable Fees Could Lower Your Cable Bill -- Eventually [telecom]
Bill Horne Verizon's Latest Plan For Cable Fees Could Lower Your Cable Bill -- Eventually > > By Alexis Kleinman > > What if, instead of paying for all of the hundreds of channels that > your cable...

Verizon CEO gains 22.8 million in newly vested shares [telecom]
Verizon CEO dials up comp, stock gains worth over $36M Gary Strauss, USA TODAY; @garybstrauss 7:49p.m. EDT March 18, 2013 Lowell McAdam's overall compensation and stock gains rose to about $36 million...

Verizon might lower cable fees - eventually [telecom]
Verizon's Latest Plan For Cable Fees Could Lower Your Cable Bill -- Eventually By Alexis Kleinman What if, instead of paying for all of the hundreds of channels that your cable provider offers when...

[telecom] 10-Foot-Tall Double-Sided touch screen as new NY phone booth
The service contracts for New York City's 11,186 payphones ends in 2014, prompting Mayor Bloomberg to send an emergency call to New York's creative community to help design a better solution through...

Lamenting the Hangup [telecom]
This is kind of intersting. In essence we've lost the ability to hang up on people. I'd counter that it's unnecessary since we now have call blocking apps for smartphones that work REALLY well. Phone...

What's the status of Flitephone? [telecom]
Does anyone know the status of the 460 MHz Flitephone service for air-to-ground phone calls? The and domains appear to have been abandoned. Bill

GPS industry reviews receiver standards as LightSquared regroups [telecom]
GPS Industry Examines Receiver Standards, as LightSquared Ponders Next Move AVIATION INTERNATIONAL NEWS - MARCH 2013 Since LightSquared's bankruptcy last fall, a common perception was that the company...

Verizon to use Cable spectrum to boost LTE [telecom]
Verizon plans to use the AWS spectrum it acquired from a consortium of cable companies in the second half of 2013. The company's CTO, Nicola Palmer, revealed in an interview with Fierce Wireless that...

Centurylink DSL Usage Caps Confuse Users [telecom]
CenturyLink may be following the growing usage-based billing (UBB) trend where service providers place usage caps on bandwidth consumption, but the telco's policies are anything but clear for its end...

Re: Smart Phones (sic) smartphones [telecom]
I'm not sure why you think this is so surprising. Lots of things cost a fraction of what you pay for them and you don't give a second thought. Do you take this same attitude when you go to a...

Re: [telecom] Re: Smart Phones (Atlas Shrugged)
Some have maintained that the "looters", the "achievers", and those referred to lately as "the 1%" -- are all one, their prime achievement being the ability to loot creatively, unrestrainedly and...

Rural NPANXX or LATAs? [telecom]
Hi all, Just poking around & trying to find a way to determine whether an NPANXX or LATA is considered 'rural' or not. I have full access to the LERG data but nothing in the docs indicate where to...