Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

[telecom] Cellco cheating with Prepaid?
Along with land lines I've had wireless in one form or another for more than 15 years, initially done as a 1 or 2 year contract; in later years month-to-month. In the past 18 months I've gone all...

Verizon and AT&T grow fatter in America as mobile prices plunge in Europe [telecom]
Verizon and AT&T grow fatter in America as mobile prices plunge in Europe By Tero Kuittinen on May 24, 2013 at 12:50 PM American consumers are sleepwalking into being permanently locked to ever-rising...

Comcast and Verizon's Phony Free-Speech Claim [telecom]
Comcast and Verizon's Phony Free-Speech Claim By Susan Crawford May 29, 2013 6:00 PM ET Judge Brett Kavanaugh of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit wrote this week that the First Amendment...

Today's malware attack has been brought to you by the RIAA [telecom]
Today's malware attack has been brought to you by the RIAA High-profile panel suggests major escalation in war on intellectual property thieves. Guess who's behind this lunacy? By Robert X. Cringely |...

Aereo's Internet TV service is so good it's scary [telecom]
By Hiawatha Bray - [Boston] Globe Staff - May 30, 2013 | My favorite thing about network television is that I watch so | little of it. It's like getting a few extra hours of life | every week. But for...

History--ad for Teletype [telecom]
The following is a copy of text from an advertisement for Teletype machines in 1966. It is accompanied by a line drawing of a model 35 being installed. FIRST STEP TOWARD EFFECTIVE ON-LINE, REAL-TIME...

[telecom] Apple's Testimony Before the Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations
05/21/2013 Tim Cook's Opening Statement Before the Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations Peter Oppenheimer's Opening Statement Before the Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations 05/20/2013 Apple's...

Looking for GSM prepaid provider [telecom]
I have a cheap Tracfone. It works pretty well, but before I reload it with another $100 (which will last for most of a year), I'm wondering what my options are. I'm willing to buy an unlocked GSM...

Inmarsat gains on hopes Dish-LightSquared deal will boost revenue [telecom]
Inmarsat gains on hopes Dish-LightSquared deal will boost revenue LONDON | Tue May 21, 2013 10:18am EDT (Reuters) - Shares in satellite firm Inmarsat rose on expectations that Dish Network Corp's bid...

Dish Network seeks to buy LightSquared spectrum [telecom]
LightSquared filed for bankruptcy last year after federal regulators blocked approval to build its network due to concerns it would interfere with global-positioning systems. Charlie Ergen, chairman...

CenturyLink layoff in Oregon [telecom]
MAY 15TH, 2013, AUTHOR: STUWATSON CenturyLink to lay off 51 at Hood River (Oregon) call center CenturyLink plans to lay off 51 workers from its Hood River call center on Wasco Street, according to a...

AT&T angers customers with new fee [telecom]
AT&T Adds $0.61 Fee, Angering Customers The Huffington Post | By Alexis Kleinman AT&T must be run by magicians. The company is turning a mere 61 cent monthly fee into hundreds of millions of dollars....

Apple & AT&T at war over data leakage [telecom]
Steven Rosenbaum, Contributor There's only one way to describe it - Data Insecurity. certainly there's been some drama between the two camps. But no doubt, its been a marriage of convenience. And it...

Exclusive: Verizon eyes roughly $100 billion bid for Vodafone's wireless stake [telecom]
By Soyoung Kim and Kate Holton NEW YORK/LONDON | Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:26pm EDT (Reuters) - Verizon Communications Inc has hired advisers to prepare a possible $100 billion bid to take full control of...

Report: Limelight is looking to strike a deal with Verizon [telecom]
May 28, 2013 | By Sean Buckley Limelight, a cloud-based content delivery network (CDN) platform provider is reportedly negotiating a deal to be purchased by Verizon (NYSE: VZ). Dan Rayburn, principal...