Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

[telecom] Adobe Announces Security Breach
Adobe Announces Security Breach By DAVID KOCIENIEWSKI October 3, 2013 Hackers infiltrated the computer system of the software company Adobe, gaining access to credit card information and other...

Verizon glitch let unlimited data customers upgrade phones [telecom]
Carrier says it has fixed software issue that allowed some customers to upgrade to a subsidized device and retain their grandfathered data plans. by Steven Musil September 30, 2013 5:16 PM PDT Verizon...

Oi, Portugal Telecom to Merge, Creating 7 Billion Giant [telecom]
By Anabela Reis - Oct 2, 2013 4:37 PM ET Oi SA, Brazil's biggest phone company, agreed to merge with Portugal Telecom SGPS SA to create a trans-Atlantic carrier whose 100 million customers make it...

Caller ID numbers that start with '1' [telecom]
Lately, I've been having numbers show up on my cell phone's caller ID where the local exchange begins with 1. I thought 1, when it is used as the first digit in a phone number in the NANP denotes that...

Consumers say a la carte important, but not worth cutting the cord [telecom]
By Jim Barthold, FireceIPTV, October 1, 2013 | Despite what service providers often maintain, video consumers | are not all that excited about channel bundles and think they | could do better building...

Any way around Verizon blocking Page Plus on Verizon prepaid phones? [telecom]
A few years ago when I first started using a prepay cel phone you could use Page Plus on any Verizon phone. Apparently things have changed which I discovered when I went to get a newer phone. Now you...

[telecom] Astros draw 0.0 Nielsen TV rating in Houston market during loss to Indians
Astros draw 0.0 Nielsen TV rating in Houston market during loss to Indians What if they played a ballgame and nobody watched? Apparently, we have an answer with regards to Sunday's Indians-Astros...

[telecom] Qaeda Plot Leak Has Undermined U.S. Intelligence
Qaeda Plot Leak Has Undermined U.S. Intelligence By ERIC SCHMITT and MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT September 29, 2013 WASHINGTON - As the nation's spy agencies assess the fallout from disclosures about their...

[telecom] A Facebook Like Is Now Covered by the First Amendment
A Facebook Like Is Now Covered by the First Amendment The Founders could not have anticipated Facebook. In another way, though, they totally anticipated Facebook. Simple clicks of a button are now...

[telecom] LAUSD halts home use of iPads for students after devices hacked
LAUSD halts home use of iPads for students after devices hacked By Howard Blume September 25, 2013 Following news that students at a Los Angeles high school had hacked district-issued iPads and were...

[telecom] iPhone and iPad users report severe motion sickness while using iOS 7
iPhone and iPad users report severe motion sickness while using iOS 7 By Jacob Kastrenakes September 25, 2013 The Verge Apple's new design style in iOS 7 has had plenty of detractors, but some may...

[telecom] Dunkin' salutes National Coffee Day with free Joe for folks who down-load the Dunkin' app to their smartphones
Dunkin' salutes National Coffee Day with free Joe for folks who down-load the Dunkin' app to their smartphones By Chris Reidy / Globe Staff / September 27, 2013 Sunday is National Coffee Day this...

[telecom] N.S.A. Gathers Data on Social Connections of U.S. Citizens
N.S.A. Gathers Data on Social Connections of U.S. Citizens By JAMES RISEN and LAURA POITRAS September 28, 2013 WASHINGTON - Since 2010, the National Security Agency has been exploiting its huge...

The Future of TV: How Do Networks Plan to Stay Competitive? [telecom]
In case anybody missed it, here's a link to a video from today's PBS Newshour. Host Hari Sreenivasan interviewed Chet Kanojia (CEO of Aereo) and Brian Roberts (CEO of Comcast) Kanojia mentioned that...

Judge rejects proposed member of LightSquared auction committee [Telecom]
Judge rejects proposed member of LightSquared auction committee By Nick Brown Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:52pm EDT (Reuters) - A U.S. judge on Tuesday blocked a proposed appointee to a committee to oversee the...