Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Deutsche Telekom Says T-Mobile Value Back to AT&T Deal Level [telecom]
Deutsche Telekom Says T-Mobile Value Back to AT&T Deal Level By Cornelius Rahn Jan 20, 2014 Deutsche Telekom AG has recouped its investment in T-Mobile US Inc., with an increase of the unit's value...

Double digits problem with at&t U-verse [telecom]
Double digits With AT&T U-verse voice, I'm experiencing what I call a "double digits" problem. When I dial an 800 number automated service, such as my bank or conference call bridge, and enter my PIN...

AT&T's Sponsored Data is bad for the internet, the economy, and you [telecom]
AT&T's Sponsored Data is bad for the internet, the economy, and you Another brick in the wall By Nilay Patel AT&T today announced a new "Sponsored Data" program that lets developers and brands pay to...

Hepting v. AT&T [telecom]
Hepting v. AT&T Electronic Frontier Foundation In Hepting v. AT&T, EFF sued the telecommunications giant on behalf of its customers for violating privacy law by collaborating with the NSA in the...

CenturyLink to Expand Internet Service in Stanardsville Area [telecom]
CenturyLink, Inc. announces it is expanding its high-speed Internet (HSI) service to residences and businesses in Stanardsville. The company is working with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC)...

Super Bowl 2014: Verizon, AT&T upgrade networks at MetLife Stadium to meet digital demand [telecom]
Super Bowl 2014: Verizon, AT&T upgrade networks at MetLife Stadium to meet digital demand By Alexi Friedman/The Star-Ledger Whether it's the exact moment of kickoff, or when Bruno Mars takes the stage...

Verizon cuts early cellphone upgrade to 30 days from six months [telecom]
Verizon cuts early cellphone upgrade to 30 days from six months Julianne Pepitone, NBC News Verizon's early-upgrade program will now allow phone trade-ins after just 30 days - but customers are still...

Congression Internet Cauces discussion about Network Neutrality [telecom]
I recommend this webcast as a good discussion of the Network Neutrality issue. Panelists talked about the future of the Internet following a D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals ruling. The ruling stated...

FCC's Wheeler vows to 'fight' after net neutrality rules struck down [telecom]
By Phil Goldstein, FierceWireless, January 17, 2014 | FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler vowed to press on this week to ensure that | the Internet remains free and open following a federal appeals | court...

How the FCC Can Achieve Net Neutrality and Save the Internet [telecom]
By Mitchell Lazarus, CommLawBlog, January 17, 2014 | The FCC should do the right thing and fix its old mistake that led | to the present situation. | | [Blogmeister's Note: This is an op-ed piece,...

R.I.P. Mark J. Cuccia [telecom] (2023 Update)
Mr. Horne, Just a short note to inform Telecom Digest that Mark J. Cuccia passed away yesterday. He was from New Orleans and contributed to TD for many years. I know he had friends in the telecom...

Pleper: HBO prepared to go direct to consumer 'if model changes' [telecom]
By Steve Donohue, FierceCable, January 17, 2014 | HBO doesn't yet plan to launch a standalone version of its premium | cable network that would be available to subscribers using tablets | and other...

A Startup, the Supreme Court, and the Future of TV [telecom]
By Michael Phillips, The New Yorker Blog, January 15, 2014 | Last week, the U.S. Supreme Court agreed to hear an appeal by | America's largest broadcast television networks -- CBS, NBC, Fox, | ABC,...

If you think your router is secure, the NSA will prove otherwise [telecom]
--- Jack Myers forwarded a message from Thad Floryan to --- Hi Igor, My preference tends towards *BSD [Berkeley Software Distribution, one of the canonical flavors of Unix - Mod] also. [Some routers...

Net Neutrality 2014: D.C. Circuit Tosses Most of the FCC's "Open Internet" Rules [telecom]
By Paul J. Feldman, CommLawBlog, January 16, 2014 | Court affirms FCC's authority to engage in some Internet | regulation, but FCC faces complex choices on next moves. | | In the war over how, if at...