Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Apple - Update to Celebrity Photo Investigation
Apple Media Advisory Update to Celebrity Photo Investigation We wanted to provide an update to our investigation into the theft of photos of certain celebrities. When we learned of the theft, we were...

Local Choice now part of Senate's satellite reauthorization bill [telecom]
By Daniel Frankel, FierceCable, September 8, 2014 The Senate version of satellite reauthorization will indeed include Local Choice, a controversial Commerce Committee proposal that essentially strips...

Online Privacy: Maybe Not So Unreasonable, After All [telecom]
Online Privacy: Maybe Not So Unreasonable, After All As our online personal information has become less and less personal, the privacy pendulum may now be ready to switch directions.

Cable companies want to unbundle broadcast TV, and broadcasters are angry [telecom]
Cable companies want to unbundle broadcast TV, and broadcasters are angry: by Jon Brodkin Sept 5 2014 Ars Technica A Congressional proposal to let cable and satellite customers choose which broadcast...

Facebook users: Beware of autoplay data charges
Facebook users: Beware of autoplay data charges By BETH LISA GOODBAUM CBS NEWS September 5, 2014 Some Facebook users have discovered that a feature of the social media site may be responsible for...

Chicago Magazine Article on Motorola [telecom]
What Happened to Motorola How a culture shift nearly doomed an iconic local company that once dominated the telecom industry. By Ted C. Fishman - -- Paul W. Schleck Finger for PGP Public Key

Apple Says It Will Add New iCloud Security Measures After Celebrity Hack [telecom]
Apple Says It Will Add New iCloud Security Measures After Celebrity Hack By BRIAN X. CHEN SEPTEMBER 4, 2014 Apple said on Thursday that it would strengthen its security measures after a recent episode...

Hacker Breached HealthCare.gov Insurance Site
Hacker Breached Insurance Site The Hacker Uploaded Malicious Software, But Consumers' Personal Data Didn't Appear to Be Taken By DANNY YADRON CONNECT Sept. 4, 2014 A hacker broke into part of the...

[telecom] FCC gives VZ wristslap for privacy violationa
[FCC docs] Verizon To Pay $7.4M To Settle Privacy Investigation Company Failed to Notify Approximately Two Million Customers of their Privacy Rights Prior to Conducting Thousands of Marketing...

FCC Spanks T-Mobile for $819,000 [telecom]
By Peter Tannenwald, CommLawBlog, September 3, 2014 Hearing aid compatibility shortfall draws big fine. More than two years ago we reported that the FCC had proposed to fine T-Mobile a whopping...

Isis, the Industry Group, Is Changing Its Name
Isis, the Industry Group, Is Changing Its Name Several wireless companies formed Isis in 2010 to encourage the development o= f wireless payment technology. -or-

Apple confirms celebrities' accounts breached in "highly targeted" attack [telecom]
Apple confirms celebrities' accounts breached in "highly targeted" attack Cupertino blames users' passwords and security questions. by Sean Gallagher Sept 2 2014 Ars Technica An Apple spokesperson has...

AnandTech founder retiring from tech publishing [telecom]
The Road Ahead by Anand Lal Shimpi August 30, 2014 AnandTech Both of my parents were teachers, and for as long as I can remember they both encouraged me to do something in life that would help others....

R.I.P. Patrick Townson, September 24, 1942 - August 9, 2014
I just returned from a brief vacation, and read an email from Mike Sandman that told me Patrick Townson has been gathered up. There is an obituary online, but it's not very informative, and I've...

Local Choice fight ramps up as CBS refuses to run ATVA ads [telecom]
By Daniel Frankel, FierceCable, August 28, 2014 CBS Radio will not run the American Television Alliance's new spot plugging the Senate Commerce Committee's "Local Choice" proposal. The refusal to air...