Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Verizon unlikely to revive unlimited data [telecom]
Verizon shuts the door on reviving unlimited data by Roger Cheng Don't hold your breath for unlimited data to make a comeback at Verizon Wireless. "At this point, we are not going to entertain...

T-Mobile invents new drinking game [telecom]
T-Mobile Trolled Verizon's Earnings Call This Morning With a 'Drinking Game' by Tom Huddleston, Jr. T-Mobile is taking its trolling game to a new level. Proving that there's really no type of shade...

Phony IRS lawsuit scam [telecom]
seems to be heating up. I've had two calls in less than two days where they say you are being sued by the IRS and to call them back at 202-390-0497 Since they give a call back number I would think it...

SMS spamming case before the U.S. Supreme Court [telecom]
Basically this is about whether a military contractor can enjoy immunity for violating the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) by claiming it has the same immunity that the military does. I think...

Washington newspaper editorial advocates stiff fines for Centurylink [telecom]
Levy full fine for CenturyLink's 911 failure By The (Everett, Washington) Herald Editorial Board Among the 6,600 missed calls to 911 that occurred in Washington and five other states during a six-hour...

AT&T Data outage affects Ohio customers [telecom]
AT&T data outage affects Northeast Ohio customers Some AT&T customers in Northeast Ohio woke up to a data outage Thursday morning (January 14, 2016). According to the outage is affecting customers...

AT&T chooses Ubuntu Linux over Microsoft Windows [telecom]
Trip Down Memory Lane Department - While I was an Engineer at the (then) NYNEX corp., I participated in a meeting with Bell Atlantic personnel regarding the computers to be used in the SS7 network....

Major Verizon outage reported in Massachusetts [telecom]
CAPE COD -- On Sunday afternoon (1/17/2016), local public safety agencies are advising of reports of a large phone outage affecting Verizon customers. The outage is reportedly affecting much of...

What's your hang-up with Verizon? This New Jersey county wants to know [telecom]
Bridgeton - Are you experiencing issues with your landline telephone? If so, Cumberland County (New Jersey) officials want to hear from you. The county has set up a form on its website allowing people...

Verizon (VZ) Data Outage Grounds JetBlue Airways [telecom]
by Sam Hason (January 14,2016) JetBlue flights were unable to take off after Verizon's data center went down A power outage at a data center operated by Verizon, disrupted JetBlue Airways...

What AT&T's Unlimited Data Plans Mean for Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile [telecom]
by Andrew Tonner In explaining telecom titan AT&T's recent decision to reinstitute unlimited data plans for some mobile subscribers, the famous P.T. Barnum quote came to mind: "Without promotion,...

Re: Class-action lawsuit against Publix seeks $5M for robocalls [telecom]
Of course it is. Publix is a well respected employee-owned supermarket chain. On the other hand, as far as I know there is no case law for an "oops" exception in the TCPA, and if they really made as...

Class-action lawsuit against Publix seeks $5M for robocalls [telecom]
Class-action lawsuit against Publix seeks $5M for robocalls made to customers' cellphone Associate Press A Class-action lawsuit filed for more than $5 million against Publix Super Markets Inc. claims...

The Internet of Things that Talk About You Behind Your Back [telecom]
SilverPush is an Indian startup that's trying to figure out all the different computing devices you own. It embeds inaudible sounds into the webpages you read and the television commercials you watch....

Rules and Resources for Dealing with Unwanted Calls and Texts [telecom]
The Federal Communications Commission plays a crucial role in helping consumers stop unwanted calls and text messages. Under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, the FCC provides clarity on the law,...