Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Verizon is actually expanding FiOS again, with new fiber in Boston [telecom]
Verizon is actually expanding FiOS again, with new fiber in Boston Verizon stopped expanding FiOS years ago, but [the company claims] that changes today. by Jon Brodkin Ars Technica Apr 12, 2016

House votes to undermine net neutrality rules, and ISPs cheer [telecom]
House votes to undermine net neutrality rules, and ISPs cheer Vote to ban "rate regulation" would limit FCC's consumer protection powers. by Jon Brodkin Apr 15, 2016 White House threatens veto of...

Apple holds steadfast, refuses to help feds unlock seized iPhone in NY drug case [telecom]
Apple holds steadfast, refuses to help feds unlock seized iPhone in NY drug case Apple: Feds have not shown they have "exhausted other potential repositories." by Cyrus Farivar Apr 15, 2016 As Ars...

HTC 10 review: HTC builds the best Android flagship of 2016 [telecom]
HTC 10 review: HTC builds the best Android flagship of 2016 oid-flagship-of-2016/ ***** Moderator's Note ***** I don't usually publish product reviews, but I'm thinking of trading in my Samsung Galaxy...

We must protect workers' right to walk out [telecom]
By Alex Gourevitch The ability to stop production is the ultimate source of worker power. But the right to strike is far from guaranteed. Given the new politics of inequality, there is every reason to...

The Verizon Strike Signals a Larger Economic Battle [telecom]
As profits increasingly flow to the top, workers have had enough. BY DAVID DAYEN When you push workers hard enough, eventually they're going to push back. That's what we've seen this week, as Verizon...

Sanders, Verizon CEO spar over striking workers [telecom]
Mike Snider, USA TODAY Fresh from several successes and ahead of New York's primary next week, Bernie Sanders is expanding his attack on America's CEOs. America's CEOs are fighting back. Verizon CEO...

A Verizon Worker: Why I'm Striking [telecom]
BY ISAAC COLLAZO On Tuesday night, I put my boys to bed and made the trip from Brooklyn to Manhattan to work my last shift at Verizon before our strike - the biggest U.S. strike in years. If it had...

The Verizon Strike Is Already Hitting New Customer Installations [telecom]
A one-day-old strike by nearly 40,000 Verizon Communications employees is causing equipment installation delays for new Internet and TV customers, a Verizon executive acknowledged on Thursday. Workers...

Verizon wireless outage [telecom]
Verizon wireless experiences customers' report(s) (of) outage(s) in many cities, (and) according to DownDetector, Cellphones show 'no service'. BOSTON - Verizon Wireless experienced an outage...

Switch to Frontier causes glitches for some former Verizon customers [telecom]
By David Lazarus Before Frontier Communications took over Verizon's landline phone, TV and Internet services in California on April 1, the company assured customers that it would make the transition...

36,000 Verizon union workers are set to strike tomorrow [telecom]
A contract dispute still hasn't been settled By Colin Lecher Two unions that represent thousands of Verizon employees say they will go on strike tomorrow morning, after negotiations have failed to...

more on Verizon's plan to change copper to FIOS [telecom]
The Philadelphia Inquirer ran another article on the sneaky methods of Verizon to push customers from copper lines to FIOS. "Verizon customers with copper-line phones who call twice in 18 months for...

A bit of AT&T History [telecom]
Seen lately in the UK newsgr'p a bit of AT&T telephony history: . Enjoy. -- tlvp

Lessons from the latest Verizon data breach [telecom]
Announcements of a data breach at a company or governmental agency have become so common that they no longer seem particularly startling. However the recent announcement by Verizon Enterprise...