Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Happy Holidays! [telecom]
Best wishes to all for a joyous holiday and a happy and healthy new year! The old Western Union Telegraph Company encouraged people to send holiday greetings and cash gifts by wire. Below are some ads...

Verizon refuses to brick Samsung Galaxy Note 7 [telecom]
Verizon refuses to release update that would kill Samsung's Note 7 "We do not want to make it impossible to contact family, first responders or medical professionals in an emergency situation." By...

AT&T customers get credits and refunds for illegal charges [telecom]
AT&T customers get $88 million in credits and refunds for illegal charges 2014 cramming settlement finally gives money back to nearly 3 million customers. By Jon Brodkin Current and former AT&T...

Samsung may permanently disable Galaxy Note 7 phones [telecom]
Samsung may permanently disable Galaxy Note 7 phones in the US as soon as next week. Samsung appears to be planning to permanently disable Galaxy Note 7 units in the US with an update that would...

Verizon Gives Customers Free Calls To Indonesia After Deadly Quake [telecom]
Verizon Gives Customers Free Calls, Texts To Indonesia In Wake Of Deadly Quake By Christian de Looper Verizon is playing its part in helping the aid effort following the massive Indonesia earthquake -...

Multi phone/multi number offering from t-mobile [telecom]
T-mobile, as we speak, just announced a multi-device, multi-number, option. [press release] ... today unveiled DIGITS and opened up a limited customer beta of this new technology that ends the...

ITU approves new energy-efficiency standard [telecom]
SHENZEN, CHINA -- Recently, the Site Energy Efficiency (SEE) proposed by Huawei has been approved by the International Telecom Union (ITU), and ITU-T L.1350: Energy Efficiency Metrics of Base Station...

Verizon: Beware Unknown Unknowns [telecom]
Chris Novak, director of the Verizon Enterprise Solutions Risk Team, explains that enterprises who don't conduct a thorough audit of their assets often leave some things unprotected because they don't...

Verizon's Bootloader Unlock Method for Pixel to be Patched This Week [telecom]
Hacking into the new Pixel and Pixel XL phones from Google has presented a new challenge to the community developers. We knew it would be this way even before they were officially launched because of...

Verizon to sell data centers to Equinix for .6 billion [telecom]
Verizon Communications Inc (VZ.N), the No. 1 U.S. wireless carrier, is selling 29 data centers in the United States and Latin America to Equinix Inc (EQIX.O) for $3.6 billion, as the telecom giant...

Is Verizon a better buy than T-Mobile? [telecom]
Better Buy: Verizon Communications Inc. vs. T-Mobile US Inc The battle between stalwart and up-start is closer than you might think. By Brian Stoffel Back in 2011, T-Mobile (NASDAQ:TMUS) seemed like a...

Exploit can bypass Activation Lock on iPads running iOS 10.1.1 [telecom]
By Andrew Cunningham Apple's Activation Lock feature, introduced in iOS 7 in 2013, deters thieves by associating your iPhone and iPad with your Apple ID. Even if a thief steals your device, puts it...

Centurylink 911 outage [telecom]
ISTM that every recent story about a "911 outage" mentions Century- link. I worked on E911 in New England a while back, and I have a soft spot for news about it. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 9-1-1...

Stage three of 600 MHz auctions about to start [telecom]
Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and other telecom operators have a new target with stage three of the FCC's 600 MHz incentive auction set for its forward round. Telecommunication operators are set for their...

I Dialed a Wrong Number and Stumbled Into International Phone Fraud [telecom]
I Dialed a Wrong Number and Stumbled Into International Phone Fraud A few weeks ago, I was trying to call Cuba. I got an error message - which, okay, international telephone codes are long and my...