Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Nokia 3310 review: No matter how much you think you want it, you don't want it [telecom]
Nokia 3310 review: No matter how much you think you want it, you don't want it Overpriced and underpowered, the Nokia 3310 is a feature phone for the hipster elite. By Mark Walton (UK) That the new...

Cancel Non-Published Service on landline? [telecom]
Hello, I'm debating if I should cancel the Non-Published Service on my AT&T landline. I've had this service since I got the landline and it's now $3.45 a month. I get an estimated 12 junk calls on...

Immigration crackdown relies on controversial cellphone tracking device [telecom]
Trump's immigration crackdown relies on controversial cellphone tracking device. Border patrol agents are using Stingrays, technology that pretends its a cell tower, to locate undocumented immigrants'...

Verizon says no to FIOS in southern New Jersey towns with buzzing lines [telecom]
Large parts of South Jersey will not be brought into the Fios era. Ending more than a year of negotiations, public hearings, and investigation into consumer complaints, Verizon Communications Inc. has...

Samsung doesn't think its iris scanner can be fooled that easily [telecom]
Samsung doesn't think Galaxy S8 iris scanner can be fooled that easily Can you trick the Samsung Galaxy S8's iris scanner or can't you? One group said yes, but Samsung cried foul. The story so far...

T-Mobile offers new "one number" plan [telecom]
It might've taken a little longer than the company had hoped, but T-Mobile is finally ready to unleash its new "Digits" product. ... In a nutshell, Digits is a nifty service that combines the best...

Dish Network faces payout of as much as $60M for illegal robocalls [telecom]
By Daniel Frankel, FierceCable, May 25, 2017 A federal judge in Raleigh, North Carolina, has tripled the amount of money Dish Network must pay 50,000 state residents on the federal Do Not Call...

More than half of municipal broadband projects are unprofitable [telecom]
More than half of municipal broadband projects are unprofitable, University of Pennsylvania study says. by Daniel Frankel, FierceCable, May 25, 2017 Eleven out of 20 municipal broadband networks...

FCC Begins Rollback of Net Neutrality Rules [telecom]
By Keenan Adamchak, CommLawBLog, May 24, 2017 On May 23, 2017, the Federal Communications Commission released a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) proposing the reversal of the agency's 2015 Title...

AT&T waiving calls and texts to Manchester [telecom]
(RNN) - AT&T is waiving charges for calls to Manchester, England, from May 22 to 24. The company made the announcement Tuesday, a day after 22 people were killed and 59 injured at a concert by...

AT&T strikers are back at work [telecom]
AT&T wireless workers and thousands of others at the company returned to work on Monday after a weekend strike aimed at jump starting contract talks. The Communications Workers of America union, which...

FCC opens robocall elimination process for public comment [telecom]
The Public Notice with comment dates is at: Comments are due on or before July 3, 2017. Reply comments due on or before July 31, 2017. The actual Notice of Proposed Rulemaking and Notice of Inquiry is...

Up to 40,000 AT&T workers walking off job over contract rights [telecom]
NEW YORK - The Communications Workers of America union says that up to 40,000 AT&T workers started walking off the job Friday over contract fights with the phone company. The union says employees will...

CenturyLink complaints climb again amid fiber rollout [telecom]
By Mike Rogoway Luke Shaheen answered the door of his Northeast Portland home on New Year's Eve to what sounded like a great offer: A salesperson from CenturyLink was offering superfast internet...

Verizon outage reported in Atlanta [telecom]
ATLANTA - A number of Verizon users were indicating that they could not send or receive calls Monday morning. by Michael King In addition, we have received reports of long lines outside Verizon stores...