Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Looking for AT&T CoinSoft Software [telecom]
I'd be interested in any information you may have as well. Is there a link to a dropbox or download anywhere? I know someone that has the disk set but finding a 5.25" drive is another story entirely....

State, city IT buyers line up behind net neutrality [telecom]
By Matt Leonard New York Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo signed an executive order Jan. 24, directing state agencies to abstain from entering into any contracts with internet service providers that do not "agree...

AT&T ad campaign calls for 'net neutrality' law [telecom]
By Levi Sumagaysay AT&T, a beneficiary of the FCC's repeal of net neutrality rules, is urging Congress to write a federal net neutrality law. In full-age ads in major U.S. newspapers Wednesday, CEO...

Why Does AT&T Want Net Neutrality Regulation? [telecom]
By Peter Van Doren Regulation is often portrayed as the use of government authority to alter market outcomes away from the interests of firms and toward those of consumers and employees. In turn, the...

AT&T to cut 114 jobs in closure of call center in Detroit [telecom]
ByKURT NAGL AT&T subsidiary Michigan Bell Telephone Co. is planning to layoff 114 employees at a Detroit call center effective March 28. The Dallas-based conglomerate intends to cut employees at its...

AT&T lands NSA contract worth billions to outsource IT [telecom]
The bid protest has ended and AT&T has officially been awarded an IT contract with the National Security Agency. This is the second of three contracts that the agency will be awarding as part of its...

AT&T wants Congress to draft a net neutrality law. Here's why that's a big deal. [telecom]
By Brian Fung AT&T is calling on Congress for a national net neutrality law that would govern Internet providers and tech companies alike, which the telecom giant says would end a fractious,...

911 systems down due to cut AT&T fiber line [telecom]
WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) Multiple counties are reporting a [911] system outage due to cut AT&T fiber line. Officials say not all calls are reaching the call center. If the call isn't answered in a few...

Analysis: CenturyLink's execs reap millions in merger bonuses [telecom]
By Bonnie Bolden CenturyLink's top executives are reaping millions of dollars in merger bonuses and incentives after nixing pay raises and bonuses for front-line workers. As part of the company's...

CenturyLink Meeting Cancelled [telecom]
Comments will still be accepted from affected customers By Sarah Pridgeon Beulah and Aladdin residents who were planning to attend a meeting on Monday about service problems with CenturyLink can still...

CenturyLink phone and internet outage deals a blow to Bettendorf businesses [telecom]
CenturyLink continues around-the-clock repairs after nearly a week-long internet and phone outage that's especially hurting small businesses. The outage hit Trattoria Tiramisu during lunch hour on...

AT&T Chief Calls for New Rules for Carriers, Tech Firms [telecom]
AT&T Chief Calls for New Rules for Carriers, Tech Firms Open letter to Congress comes as service providers, internet companies maneuver on policy changes By John D. McKinnon AT&T Inc., whose broadband...

Montana Governor Signs Order to Force Net Neutrality [telecom]
An executive order forbids broadband providers with new or renewed state contracts to block or charge higher fees for faster delivery of websites. By CECILIA KANG WASHINGTON - Most efforts underway to...

E.U. Fines Qualcomm $1.2 Billion Over Apple Deal [telecom]
Regulators said the giant American chip maker had offered financial incentives to ensure manufacturers bought equipment solely from the company. European antitrust officials hammered Qualcomm with a...

[telecom] POTS replacement suggestions?
I still have POTS at home. Line 1 has been the traditional "home" line that I retain largely because my mother calls that number rather than my cell. Line 2 was my business line at home; it is the...