Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

I'm dropping GoDaddy: what's your recommendation for an alternate Domain Redistrar? [telecom]
I just tried to renew one of the domains I have registered on GoDaddy, but their computer profit-packed me by instead renewing an old "auction" service that I don't want, and the GoDaddy rep who...

CenturyLink's DeLozier Quashes Unsavory Level 3 Integration Rumors [telecom]
by James Anderson SAN FRANCISCO - CenturyLink promised master-agency partners Friday that the company's integration with Level 3 Communications will not disrupt the partner experience. John DeLozier,...

How to Break Up With Your Phone [telecom]
How to Break Up With Your Phone By CATHERINE PRICE Nine ways to have a healthier relationship with your phone. The moment I realized I needed to break up with my phone came just over two years ago. I...

Car Navigation Systems Plot a Course Forward Against Phone Apps [telecom]
Car Navigation Systems Plot a Course Forward Against Phone Apps In-dash navigation systems aren't as nimble as their smartphone counterparts. But as cars get more complicated, built-in could mean...

Basalt CO directs one-two punch at Verizon over poor cell service [telecom]
By Scott Condon The Basalt (Colorado) Town Council and Basalt Chamber of Commerce are directing a one-two punch at Verizon Wireless to try to get better cellular service for their constituents. Both...

Man sues Verizon when his intimate photos show up on stranger's phone [telecom]
By By Everton Bailey Jr. Jeff Smith and fianceƩ Diana Peters of Canby were surprised to learn that their private photos, including some nude shots, ended up on the new cellphone of an elderly...

AT&T Is Said to Want Antitrust Official on Witness List for Trial [telecom]
By Cecilia Kang WASHINGTON - AT&T is seeking to put the head of the Justice Department's Antitrust Division on its witness list in a trial over the government's decision to block the phone giant's $85...

CenturyLink misses Street 4Q forecasts [telecom]
MONROE, La. (AP) _ CenturyLink Inc. (CTL) on Wednesday reported fourth-quarter profit of $1.12 billion. On a per-share basis, the Monroe, Louisiana-based company said it had net income of $1.26....

The FBI, CIA and NSA say American citizens shouldn't use Huawei phones [telecom]
The FBI, CIA and NSA say American citizens shouldn't use Huawei phones U.S. intelligence agencies have issued a stern warning to Americans: Do not buy smartphones made by Chinese tech companies Huawei...

AT&T Targets DOJ Antitrust Chief in Time Warner Fight [telecom]
AT&T Targets DOJ Antitrust Chief in Time Warner Fight Company lays the groundwork to challenge the legitimacy of government's antitrust suit By Brent Kendall and Drew FitzGerald WASHINGTON - AT&T Inc....

Verizon's Super Bowl shot featured a location that they don't serve [telecom]
We Hear: Verizon Doesn't Have Coverage in Location Featured in "Answering The Call" Super Bowl Spot By Erik Oster Verizon went the emotional route with its 60-second "Answering The Call" spot from...

Verizon says it's locking its phones down to combat theft [telecom]
The wireless carrier has been selling phones unlocked, allowing you to swap SIM cards and use other carriers. Soon, it'll lock phones for a certain period. BY Roger Cheng Verizon is taking an extra...

Huawei got people to write fake reviews for an unreleased phone [telecom]
Maybe not the best move By Dani Deahl Huawei's new flagship phone, the Mate 10 Pro, is available for pre-order in the US despite not having any deals with US carriers - so to get some attention, it...

CenturyLink a Strong Sell at recent price of $16.2, on Poor Earnings Visibility [telecom]
CTL stock a strong sell in latest weekly rating. By Portfolio Grader Factors in CenturyLink Inc's current Strong Sell recommendation is analytical scoring that is below average, a ranking in the...

T-Mobile and Sprint's plan prices may chase Verizon and AT&T, as carriers ditch the discount model [telecom]
We hate to be a harbinger of bad news, but not only are phone prices going up with no end in sight, but affordable carrier plans will be few and far between going forward, it seems. After their merger...