Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

All but Banned in the U.S., Chinese Giant Huawei Is Welcomed in Britain [telecom]
All but Banned in the U.S., Chinese Giant Huawei Is Welcomed in Britain Britain's adoption of Huawei technology is widening a gulf between the U.S. and allies over cybersecurity 9416947

Wireless Companies to Start Small With 5G Rollouts [telecom]
Wireless Companies to Start Small With 5G Rollouts Verizon, AT&T, others expect to offer services this year, but most fall short of carriers' visions of what 5G ultimately will be ts-1519480800

Weak growth prospects in the future For CenturyLink, Inc. [telecom]
CenturyLink, Inc. stock price traded Upswing along with the volume 13.67 million shares in last session. Shares are clocking price at $17.98 with change of 0.45%. The company's 3-months average volume...

CenturyLink steals AT&T's Ethernet crown following Level 3 acquisition [telecom]
by Sean Buckley CenturyLink has overtaken AT&T's nearly 13-year reign as the top domestic Ethernet provider in the United States, a feat it achieved by completing its acquisition of Level 3...

One-stop counterfeit certificate shops for all your malware-signing needs [telecom]
One-stop counterfeit certificate shops for all your malware-signing needs Certificates registered in names of real corporations are surprisingly easy to come by. The Stuxnet worm that targeted Iran's...

How a fight over Star Wars download codes could reshape copyright law [telecom]
How a fight over Star Wars download codes could reshape copyright law Legal scholar says Redbox's win over Disney is an "atomic bomb of a finding." By Timothy B. Lee A federal judge in California has...

Car companies are preparing to sell driver data to the highest bidder [telecom]
Car companies are preparing to sell driver data to the highest bidder Connected cars are going to monetize data, but most drivers don?t know that. By Jonathan M. Gitlin The confluence of the...

The Myth of the Hacker-Proof Voting Machine [telecom]
Election officials have insisted that machines can't be remotely compromised because they're not "connected to the Internet." But security experts point out crucial ways in which they are. In 2011,...

Threat from AT&T to pull my plug [telecom]
Just opened a letter claimed to come from AT&T stating in part: "It's important that you call us at 877 377 1686 before 3/25/2018 to set up an appointment to move your service and ensure your service...

The Car of the Future Will Sell Your Data [telecom]
The Car of the Future Will Sell Your Data By Gabrielle Coppola and David Welch As smarter vehicles become troves of personal information, get ready for coupon offers at the next stoplight. Picture...

[telecom] Court to "Charter": Lawsuit about fake speeds will proceed
"Charter Corporation", now operating under the name "Charter Spectrum", is a major cable internet provider. Charter Communications cannot use the federal net neutrality repeal to avoid a lawsuit over...

Facebook Shows Why SMS Isn't Ideal for Two-Factor Authentication [telecom]
In the case of Tracfone and AT&T Prepaid, their tech support people said it was a matter of cost. Providing SMS short text from countries outside the US costs them more so they don't provide that...

Google Chrome Now Blocks Irksome Ads. That's a Good Thing, Right? [telecom]
Google Chrome Now Blocks Irksome Ads. That's a Good Thing, Right? The brower's latest update filters out pop-up ads and other annoyances. It also strengthens Google's grip on the web. As advertising...

I'm dropping GoDaddy: what's your recommendation for an alternate Domain Redistrar? [telecom]
I just tried to renew one of the domains I have registered on GoDaddy, but their computer profit-packed me by instead renewing an old "auction" service that I don't want, and the GoDaddy rep who...

CenturyLink's DeLozier Quashes Unsavory Level 3 Integration Rumors [telecom]
by James Anderson SAN FRANCISCO - CenturyLink promised master-agency partners Friday that the company's integration with Level 3 Communications will not disrupt the partner experience. John DeLozier,...