Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Verizon, AT&T battle for public safety customers [telecom]
By Kelly Hill ORLANDO, Fla. - The battle over public safety wireless customers has been joined. At this year's International Wireless Communications Expo, Verizon defended its position as the market...

Verizon agrees to fix failing broadband networks to settle investigation [telecom]
Verizon will fix NY copper lines and potentially upgrade more than 30,000 homes. By Jon Brodkin Verizon has agreed to fix failing copper networks and boost fiber deployment in New York, two years...

Taos, NM - Internet, phone service goes down after line cut [telecom]
TAOS - A CenturyLink fiber-optic cable was cut Friday afternoon between Peña Blanca and Budaghers, reportedly causing a widespread loss of internet and cellphone service throughout areas of Northern...

Verizon outage map [telecom]
The site "" has a map that shows general areas of Verizon outages. I was looking for info on what preparations Verizon is making for the storm now approaching North Carolina, but it seems that the...

Riley Storm Recover - Verizon users getting upset [telecom]
A look at the blogosphere telle me that Verizon users are very unhappy about the way that Verizon is handling recovery efforts in New York and/or New Jersey. One blogger, named "DudleyDorite,"...

AT&T drops political bias defense in Time Warner deal suit [telecom]
by Hadas Gold AT&T indicated Friday that it no longer intends to make allegations of political bias as part of its defense against the Justice Department's lawsuit to block its purchase of Time...

IBM, Oracle, CenturyLink Among Key Players in Bare Metal Cloud Services [telecom]
by Edward Gately The global bare metal cloud service market presents increasing revenue opportunities for partners. The market is expected to reach $25.7 billion by 2025, expanding at a compound...

Samsung Galaxy S9 review: predictably great, predictably flawed [telecom]
Samsung Galaxy S9 review: predictably great, predictably flawed The Galaxy S9 is all of the good and all of the bad we've come to expect from Samsung

Which Carrier Should You Choose for the Galaxy S9? [telecom]
by Adam Ismail You're not hurting for choices for wireless carriers to use with Samsung's new Galaxy S9 and S9+. While some phones still launch as exclusives for specific networks and others hit the...

Samsung Galaxy S9 review: It's almost a bargain compared to the iPhone X [telecom]
By Antonio Villas-Boas The Galaxy S9 is a bit like the weather report in a sunny state or country: another boring, beautiful day. It's yet another fantastic smartphone from Samsung, but it's not...

Why Companies and Countries Are Battling for Ascendancy in 5G [telecom]
Taking an early lead in ultrafast next-generation wireless technology can give players a strategic advantage. By Don Clark And Cecilia Kang SAN FRANCISCO - Being at the forefront of a new technology...

5G Cell Service Is Coming. Who Decides Where It Goes? [telecom]
There is a heated fight about when, where and how the next generation of cell service gets delivered. By Allan Holmes WASHINGTON - The future of cellular service is coming to a neighborhood near you....

Geek Squad's Relationship with FBI Is Cozier Than We Thought [telecom]
Geek Squad's Relationship with FBI Is Cozier Than We Thought By Aaron Mackey After the prosecution of a California doctor revealed the FBI's ties to a Best Buy Geek Squad computer repair facility in...

Epson Devices Not Meeting USB Standard? [telecom]
I just got off the phone with Epson technical support for my scanner. I can't believe what they just told me. According to what I've read, the USB standard is for five meters in length. Converting...

AT&T officials shed light on FirstNet prioritization details [telecom]
AT&T officials shed light on 'extended primary' category of FirstNet users, prioritization details By Donny Jackson ORLANDO - Personnel within the utility, transportation and healthcare sectors are...