Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

What you need to know about the AT&T - Time Warner merger trial [telecom]
By Colin Lecher One of the most high-stakes antitrust battles in recent memory is about to unfold in court, as AT&T argues its case for buying Time Warner, despite objections from the Justice...

Frontier grilled about 911 service outage [telecom]
By: Kimberly Kuizon SARASOTA, FL (FOX 13) - As executives from Frontier Communications tried to explain the service outage that crippled 911 centers across the region in January, Hillsborough County...

Frontier vandalism impacts thousands of customers [telecom]
By Carrie Hodousek CHARLESTON, W.Va. - Frontier Communications is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for recent vandalism in West...

Frontier, union revive negotiations, agree to WV strike parameters [telecom]
By Max Garland Frontier Communications and the union representing its striking West Virginia workers have revived contract negotiations and agreed on an acceptable strike conduct, a step forward since...

Class action suit vs. CenturyLink and DirecTV alleges customer data can be accessed via internet search [telecom]
by Nat Levy A lawsuit against internet provider CenturyLink and AT&T-owned DirecTV alleges the companies fail to adequately protect personal customer data - to the point that it can be found through a...

Fwd: Another storm is coming - be prepared [telecom]
I thought you might be interested in Verizon's storm warning to FiOS customers. The advice will be familiar to anyone who has had to do IT support. TL;DR[1] version: 1 Reboot 2 BRS on/off reboot 3...

Cops Wanting To Track Movements Of Hundreds Of People Are Turning To Google For Location Records [telecom]
By Tim Cushing From the wherein-'probable-cause'-is-defined-as-'maybe-this-might-be-helpful?' dept Police in Raleigh, North Carolina are using Google as a proxy surveillance dragnet. This likely isn't...

The Cable Industry Is Quietly Securing A Massive Monopoly Over American Broadband [telecom]
By Karl Bode From the nobody-is-paying-attention dept Cable providers like Comcast and Charter continue to quietly secure a growing monopoly over American broadband. A new report by Leichtman Research...

Facebook's Surveillance Machine [telecom]
Facebook's Surveillance Machine It's true that the Cambridge Analytica incident wasn't a security breach. It was something far worse. ... This wasn't a breach in the technical sense. It is something...

Re: V35 and G.703 [telecom]
Hi, Can you tell me where i can buy G.703/G.704 to V.35 (Winchester connector) interface converter? I know many manufacturers have stopped production. I am looking for those that [are] still shipping....

Take This App and Call Me in the Morning [telecom]
Take This App and Call Me in the Morning A new category of prescription medical treatments, what executives call digital therapeutics, comes in the form of mobile apps.

The Perfect Selfishness of Mapping Apps [telecom]
The Perfect Selfishness of Mapping Apps Apps like Waze, Google Maps, and Apple Maps may make traffic conditions worse in some areas, new research suggests. By Alexis C. Madrigal What is the price of...

[telecom] CNN: Mueller investigating McCabe termination
I have been on this list for 20 years but lately it has turned political. I feel good to be an American right now. Trump has done more for this country in one year than the last four presidents...

CNN: Mueller investigating McCabe termination [telecom]
Excerpt: Washington (CNN)Special counsel Robert Mueller's team interviewed former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe and asked about the firing of FBI Director James Comey, a source briefed on the...

Revealed: 50 million Facebook profiles harvested for Cambridge Analytica in major data breach [telecom]
Revealed: 50 million Facebook profiles harvested for Cambridge Analytica in major data breach Whistleblower describes how firm linked to former Trump adviser Steve Bannon compiled user data to target...