Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

AT&T Is the Latest Phone Company to be Sued for Mishandling Data
AT&T is being sued by the Electronic Frontier Foundation for allegedly selling customers' data to third parties for commercial use. By Jessica Messier The company is being sued by the digital activism...

Man Accused Of Bribing AT&T Employees In Conspiracy To Unlock Millions Of Phones [telecom]
By Merrit Kennedy The Justice Department says the U.S. has extradited a Pakistani man from Hong Kong and accused him of bribing AT&T employees to unlock more than 2 million cellphones. Muhammad Fahd,...

Re: [telecom] We're letting our history go to ruin
I totally agree with this sentiment. It's very sad what's been done in the 35 years since the breakup, I don't entirely understand what you mean by: Don't you mean "We let" not "we're letting"? The...

Canada: 5G Technology Driving M&A Activity In The Telecommunications Sector [telecom]
by Simone Nash The much anticipated rollout of fifth-generation wireless ("5G") technology and changing consumer habits are expected to drive M&A transactions in the telecommunications sector over the...

Why smartphones' "cop mode" might not keep cops out for much longer [telecom]
The debate over "compelled decryption" is likely headed for the US Supreme Court. by Patrick Howell O'Neill I opened the YouTube app last night to watch a video about the anti-government protests in...

Corporate IoT - a path to intrusion [telecom]
Corporate IoT - a path to intrusion Several sources estimate that by the year 2020 some 50 billion IoT devices will be deployed worldwide. IoT devices are purposefully designed to connect to a network...

We're letting our history go to ruin [telecom]
I don't speak my mind on things very often, but this suject bugs the hell out of me. We're letting a bunch of stockbrokers ruin the Bell System that we all worked on. They're making billions by...

Barr says the US needs encryption backdoors to prevent "going dark." Um, what? [telecom]
"The FBI says they're 'going dark.' Well yeah, because they've been staring at the sun." By Sean Gallagher On July 23, in a keynote address at the International Conference on Cyber Security at Fordham...

'The biggest hurdle': Telecom companies talk about rights of way obstacles [telecom]
By Noel Lyn Smith FARMINGTON - Three telecommunication companies discussed the obstacles in obtaining rights of way on the Navajo Nation during a discussion at the Rural Networks Conference at San...

Opinion: How John Legere and Charlie Ergen plan to reinvent wireless [telecom]
By Jeff Kagan When the smoke clears and the T-Mobile, Sprint merger is complete, we may be hearing quite a bit more from both John Legere and Charlie Ergen. The merged company will be run by Legere,...

In its quest for optimal 5G spectrum, AT&T is testing in the 4.4-5 GHz band [telecom]
The US operators, and the FCC, have made a virtue out of necessity by taking some creative approaches to address their shortage of optimal 5G spectrum. While the 3.5 GHz C-band is the primary new...

Union extends contract talks with AT&T in attempt to avoid strike [telecom]
by Rick Smith RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK - Negotiators from the union representing thousands of workers at AT&T across the southeast and the communications giant agreed to put off a strike over the...

FCC removes requirement for analogue voice-grade, copper loop unbundling [telecom]
WASHINGTON, August 2, 2019 - Recognizing sweeping changes over the past two decades in the market for voice telephone service, the Federal Communications Commission issued an Order today granting...

Colorado: CenturyLink outage in Eagle County [telecom]
Auguest 1, 2019 - A nationwide CenturyLink outage has reached Eagle County, according to Multiple residents have reported the outage to CenturyLink, and have received a response that the issue should...

Official Cybersecurity Review Finds U.S. Military Buying High-Risk Chinese Tech [telecom]
While its the major defense programs and operations that have dominated the headlines in the escalating cyber warfare standoff between the U.S. and its adversaries - China and Russia in particular, a...