Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

NANPA N11 code expansion [telecom]
All N11 codes are already in use. See NANPA: However it certainly would have been possible to expand the 211 series; e.g, 2110, 2111, 2112, 2113... Neal McLain Brazoria, Texas

Re: [telecom] FCC advances plans for 988, a national
I suspect that a high percentage of users are still in 7D areas. ---- Julian Thomas - "You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."...

Please help me with a Bluetooth question [telecom]
Thanks for reading this: I appreciate your time. I'm trying to solve a problem I have finding a Bluetooth device. I have seen the device I'm looking for on a Chinese website, but I couldn't figure out...

"Incredibly sensitive" data is open to cyberattack at Mass. tax-collection agency, audit report says [telecom]
"Incredibly sensitive" data is open to cyberattack at Mass. tax-collection agency, audit report says By Victoria McGrane The state Department of Revenue is leaving the "incredibly sensitive" private...

Re: Activists Protest AT&T's New Plan to Cut Labor Costs [telecom]
There's a good book that describes in detail the nasty impact of those vulture hedge funds on communities. It's called, "Glass house : the 1% economy and the shattering of the all-American town" by...

AT&T Launches 5G You're Actually Allowed to Use [telecom]
By Ryan Whitwam If you ask AT&T, it'll tell you it was the first US carrier to launch 5G at the very end of 2018, but that's only true by some very narrow definitions of the word "launch." It wouldn't...

New York Enacts New Telemarketing Law [telecom]
By David O. Klein This week, Governor Andrew Cuomo signed a bill enacting the Nuisance Call Act, a telemarketing law aimed at curbing the receipt of unwanted commercial telephone calls by New York...

[Telecom] FCC action against robocaller
is a citation for violation of TCPA. is a Notice of Apparent Liability for $9,997,750 for spoofing the number of a competitor in robocalls. Apparently there are online robocall platforms where you can...

Phone-breaking Android hole revealed [telecom]
If Android's December 2019 Security Update isn't coming to your phone, it might be time for a new device. A massive denial of service attack could "brick" Android phones up to version 10. Google has...

Activists Protest AT&T's New Plan to Cut Labor Costs [telecom]
December 12, 2019 Outside the UBS Investor Conference in New York City this week, activists protested vulture hedge fund billionaire Paul Singer's plan to extract profits from AT&T by eliminating jobs...

Don't Let Your Business Get Whacked Like Jimmy Hoffa In The Irishman [telecom]
Crime-Free Union Avoidance Tips Employees may wish to join a union for different reasons, including the ability to earn more money and benefits, to have more power over their work conditions, for...

Re: [telecom] History trans-Atlantic cable
I was working at Bell Labs back then; I remember some of what we heard from the group. - The Teredo worm is the enemy of submerged cable! - They were trying to extrapolate the lifetime of tubes...

5G is coming to Boston. Here's what that actually means. [telecom]
By Nik DeCosta-Klipa 5G - the potentially transformative, if opaquely understood, new wave of network technology - is making inroads in Boston. The nation's two biggest wireless providers recently...

T-Mobile Workers Vote to Join CWA Despite Intimidation Campaign [telecom]
Workers at a Bay Area T-Mobile retail store in Pinole, Calif., have voted to join CWA. During the election campaign, T-Mobile engaged in unlawful intimidation of the workers, holding one-on-one...

Re: US consumer groups call on FCC, Congress to address nation's
Hopefully something will come out of this. The system is indeed very fragile and I don't think people realize it. In this newsgroup we see numerous articles of serious outages. Very troubling. Sadly,...